Went back to the stock height...

Silvsteve

Well after a year of riding around with the poor man's drop (shackles and torsion cranks), I raised my truck back up. The main reason I did it was because I had a clunk in the steering and wanted to make sure their was no question of its origins when I took it in. Anyway.. just wanted to post and say that I did not remember how much the ride suffered and I doubt I will lower it again. Back to stock height and loving the smooth comfortable ride.

I think he just turned the bolts to get the front lower and did not actually change the keys. My buddy has the ground force keys on his truck and it almost rides like stock. Spindles are still the only way to go to get a stock ride out of a dropped truck. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe your poor ride was because you were riding on the bumpstops? I lowered mine with shackles, and I didn't notice it at first, but I got under it the other day, and it was touching the bumpstops on a level surface with no weight in the rear. Cut one "notch" off of the bump stop, and got it aligned at the same time, and it made a WORLD of difference. The truck rides like a cadillac, but handles like a sports car :)

Archived