SS > saab 9-3

ChevySSandChevy8.1

[

only lt1 car I have driven was a 93 Z-28 auto stock and I thought it moved, I can imagine the ls1's. WHen I was stock in the R/T best I got was a 15.7@86mph that was with adding extra weight right from the street,no practice and ran twice best 60 foot was a 2.2,they die on top end stock.now with the M1,tb and pcm its a completely different truck,gets faster instead of dying and doesnt quit till 135

Well, most of the people who owned both ls1s and lt1s felt like they would get up and go quicker, this was do to the lt1s low end torque, but the ls1 made the same tq, if not more, and it just kept on pulling when the lt1 would begine to fall on its face. I only drove 1 ls1, it was a 6spd firehawk, if felt less 'torqy' down low but it definitly saved some for the upper rpms.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[

only lt1 car I have driven was a 93 Z-28 auto stock and I thought it moved, I can imagine the ls1's. WHen I was stock in the R/T best I got was a 15.7@86mph that was with adding extra weight right from the street,no practice and ran twice best 60 foot was a 2.2,they die on top end stock.now with the M1,tb and pcm its a completely different truck,gets faster instead of dying and doesnt quit till 135

Well, most of the people who owned both ls1s and lt1s felt like they would get up and go quicker, this was do to the lt1s low end torque, but the ls1 made the same tq, if not more, and it just kept on pulling when the lt1 would begine to fall on its face. I only drove 1 ls1, it was a 6spd firehawk, if felt less 'torqy' down low but it definitly saved some for the upper rpms.

they are cool cars but the engine compartment is crap,half the engine is hidden,I can imagine working on thems got to be a pain

I know, but I had move from california and sold quite a few of my cars so I wouldn't have to bring them with me. It was for sure one of my favorite rides, big block, loud and I love that pistol grip 4 spd. But at least I made a profit on it. Talking about it makes me wanna go and buy another one. Were you building a chevelle or a cutlass or something like that?

I know, but I had move from california and sold quite a few of my cars so I wouldn't have to bring them with me.  It was for sure one of my favorite rides, big block, loud and I love that pistol grip 4 spd.  But at least I made a profit on it.  Talking about it makes me wanna go and buy another one.  Were you building a chevelle or a cutlass or something like that?

I had 2 69 Cutlass's one was pretty rotted,the other was extremely solid and sold it to my brother,right now its all apart and is looking sweet.I lost my job and still looking so thats why I had to part with it.I have pics if you wanna see

Sorry to hear that you lost your job, The cutlass are beautiful, I'd love to see pics, what year were they, small block big block?

both were 1969's and had 350 2 barrels.not that fast but still a badass ride.I took one to the track and it ran a 16.0@86mph thats with only 250 horse,a slipping trans and wimpy 2.56 open rear end. If I knew how to get the pics on here I would. Here is the link to my web page.they were taken almost 2 years ago and the R/T was basically stock in the pics

http://hometown.aol.com/olds72w30/

Looks good  :thumbs: Too bad you had to part with it, a 4bbl would have livened that thing up a lot

When I actually bought it ,it had an edlebrock intake and Holley 750 carb on there,but that was way too much carb for a stock engine so I changed it to the 2 barrel to save gas which it did but I shoulda left it the 4.

Archived