Earnhardt Movie

BenKey

All you Dale Earnhardt fans out there, don't forget to watch the movie on ESPN tonight. It's called "3". Comes on at 8pm est, I think. 2-hour long movie. They have been re-playing old races for a couple of days now on ESPN classic channel of his past wins.

Sorry if this is a re-post.

Great movie...well done...it is my understanding that the movie was approved by the Earnhardt family....I thought the ending was handled well with the scene with his dad....I believe it is supposed to be available on DVD on 12/14

It was a great movie well done i think :thumbs:

No, the movie was NOT approved by the Earnhardt family! Richard Childress (Dale's car owner) also didn't have too many good things to say about it, either. I myself thought it knid of sucked. The story line was pretty good, but they really depicted Neil Bonnett to be kind of a boob, and the racing scenes were horrible, especially the early scenes. Whoever built the cars for the movie must not have been too close to racing. they all just looked like junkers with too wide tires. Most of the cars depicted in Dale's earlier Winston Cup years didn't match the era. There were cars from the early 70's, mid 70's mid 80's all racing together. NOT!! I wouldn't buy the DVD. Seeing it once was enough for me. :pop:

as soon as it becomes available on dvd, i'm going to get it. i wish i hadn't watched that last couple of minutes though.  :(

You know it played at least two more times after the initial time, right? Came on at 11pm cst and then 2am cst.

I thought the movie was pretty good.

as soon as it becomes available on dvd, i'm going to get it. i wish i hadn't watched that last couple of minutes though.  :(

Me too. The only problem I had with it was the guy playing Dale was a little too skinny. The unveiling of the Goodwrench car sent a chill up my spine. An the part with his father at the end was.... :tear:

Archived