Cadillac SS

m396 #00-011

I still don't think that looks bad at all.  I can't shake the thought of doing 18's.

Why did you swap these on for the winter time?  The tires look a littke skinnier... but the tread is still very car-like.

Marc, the tires are Goodyear Wrangler HP's. They feature a A/T tread pattern, and are much more agressive than the Eagle LS's standard on the SSS. Pics are below of the two.

Goodyear Wrangler Hp's (current winter tires I have)

gy_wrangler_hp.jpg

Goodyear LS's (stock SSS tires)

gy_eagle_ls.jpg

Anyone else running a winter setup? Thinking of doing so.... but since I just got my SS in August.... and live in North.... How does the stock setup do in the winter Weather driving conditions?? Can you guys give some insight. Please let me know... or should I just take the Crown Vic all winter....

Thanks Stitches040 :rollin:

Anyone else running a winter setup?  Thinking of doing so....  but since I just got my SS in August.... and live in North....  How does the stock setup do in the winter Weather driving conditions??  Can you guys give some insight.  Please let me know...  or should I just take the Crown Vic all winter....

Thanks Stitches040 :rollin:

My caddy rims and studded tires made a HUGE difference!!! If you have to deal with snow for 5+ months out of the year, I highly recommend smaller rims and studded tires. But when summer time hits, its time to put the bling back on. :cool:

I don't like the Escalade wheels at all. I went with the 17 inch Avalanche wheels and Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires {265/70 /17} These are much better in the snow. Don't compromise with a wimpy all-season tire like the HP. Go with dedicated winter tires or an aggresive all terrain tire. The Escalade rims just don't look right to me. They look like chromed plastic wheel covers. The coated aluminum Avalanche or Silverado wheels look better. I got mine on ebay. $550 plus shipping for new takeoffs with less than 3 miles on them. Still had the little rubber nubbies on them. They feel great, and are damn good snow tires.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't like the Escalade wheels at all. I went with the 17 inch Avalanche wheels and Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires {265/70 /17}  These are much better in the snow. Don't compromise with a wimpy all-season tire like the HP. Go with  dedicated winter tires or an aggresive all terrain tire. The Escalade rims just don't look right to me. They look like chromed plastic wheel covers. The coated aluminum Avalanche or Silverado wheels look better. I got mine on ebay. $550 plus shipping for new takeoffs with less than 3 miles on them. Still had the little rubber nubbies on them. They feel great, and are damn good snow tires.

See, this is where we differ. You couldn't pay me to put those ugly a$$ Av wheels on my truck...but that IMHO.

Over all, I'm very happy with my decision. The only 17x7.5" stock GM wheel around will make for a great drag wheel in the summer. This is where a 7" wheel won't cut it. And as for the GY HP's, they've been doing great all winter long. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Suburban wheels I got for $180 new. They are 16" with Cooper Discoverer AT. Much better in the slush and Dont have to clean them daily like chrome.

The Escalade wheels look pretty good I just got to good a deal.

Archived