What's the best brand of fuel to use with the SS

SSThunder

Mobil 93.

I use my U-promise credit card and get something like $.03 per gallon put into my daughter(s) U-promise college account. Hey, it adds up after a while....not much but it is better than nothing. :dunno:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If all gas is the same until the companies add there additives, then aren't they different? The additives is what makes each brand it's own. I use Chevron because the additive cleans the injectors. Those of you that talk bad about Shell gas, I agree! It's overpriced crap.

i've bought cheveron, shell, arco and gas from costco.  i work for costco and bought gas from them most of the time.  all of the stations have pinged in my truck. :mad:

Whatever you do never buy off-brand fuel, especially in Oklahoma!

I am a fan of the Chevron product, but where I live my choices are either 91-octane Chevron or 93-octane Shell (at the same price???). I drove for a month on each and got better mileage/performance from the Shell, so I figure it is the octane that the truck likes rather than the additives and since the fuels are priced the same that is what I run. If Chevron 93-octane were available here I would use it instead. I do buy a $6 bottle of Chevron Techron from Wal-Mart and run it through the SS every couple thousand miles though, that does make a difference.

Mr. P. :)

Archived