Brother Buying BLUE SS!!

6.0ss

A while Back I posted a Thread of a 2003 Arrival Blue SS brand new with aftermarket chrome wheels that was for sale in Chicago area. My Brother has taken it home for the night to think it over!!! :D

THe dealer is selling it for 32500, and is not moving on price with the "red tag sale" they have going on, He is trading in a 2001 Dodge Dakota 4.7 V8 Crew Cab truck with 45k miles on it, The dealer wants to give him 10k for his the truck and not move on the SSS price?

KBB on his truck is 12,500

What should the price difference be between these trucks?

For $h!t$ and giggles, I would offer 18000 out the door. I would guess that he would be hard pressed to get it for 20000 out the door. I am assuming that the other truck is in mint condition... Just remember, they can't say yes if you don't ask...

I am also assuming the SS is loaded with everything...sticker @ $43000

Is it $32K out the door?

Is that with all current incentives?

Do they have any dealer cash they can use :thumbs:

If they don’t move on price have them through some "We Owes" in with the deal....

-Remote start

-Tint Windows...

-Under coat

-That expensive ass wax shit.....

-Line-X

Stuff like that.......

I told him to try and get if for 15k,500 difference as a start, walk out on them once and leave his cell number with them! They want to move it bad and it is the end of the year!!!!!

The way I look at it is this, It is a brand New truck, But an 03, they have had the thing for 2 years just sittin on the lot!!!

My bros truck is worth 12,500 at the least!

The truck I think is worth 30k + 2k for the upgraded wheels and tires, which they could prob throw in because that is what the stockers are worth!!

To get them to go to 17k difference would be a good bargan, but to start the bidding at 15,500 or 16k difference! Any one else out there got any ideas?

Ohh yea the sticker on the truck is 41,500! Bro says it has No onstar or XM radio.

I told him to try and get if for 15k,500 difference as a start, walk out on them once and leave his cell number with them!  They want to move it bad and it is the end of the year!!!!!

The way I look at it is this,  It is a brand New truck, But an 03, they have had the thing for 2 years just sittin on the lot!!!

My bros truck is worth 12,500 at the least!

The truck I think is worth 30k + 2k for the upgraded wheels and tires, which they could prob throw in because that is what the stockers are worth!!

To get them to go to 17k difference would be a good bargan, but to start the bidding at 15,500 or 16k difference!  Any one else out there got any ideas?

Ohh yea the sticker on the truck is 41,500!  Bro says it has No onstar or XM radio.

I doubt the dealer will want to give bluebook value. You need to find the blackbook (wholesale) value that dealers have. If I were your brother, I wouldn't bother with the trade. I would get the 0% (if they still have it) and sell the dodge outright myself. The dealer will (usually) try to give as little for the trade so they can resell it and make even more money. If they don't sell it themselves, they will call a used car dealer while working up the trade and ask them what they will buy it for after your brother trades. The used car dealer will generally pay approximately $2000-3000 less than bluebook. That's the only way they can typically sell it. (they have to make money too). Or he could tell the dealer that he knows they are going to make money on the front end and back end, he just doesn't want to be screwed in the deal. The front end is the amount of play they have in the sell price of the new truck. The back end is the amount of play in the trade and interest rate (if applicable). The thing you have to realize is that there is typically $6000 difference between the MSRP and invoice to the dealer (minimum). MSRP of $42000 should be between $35000-36000. From there, take your incentives and that's where your at. The dealer may also have some sort of floor plan where they get extra incentives for moving the vehicle.

walk out on them once and leave his cell number with them! They want to move it bad and it is the end of the year!!!!!

That's absolutley right. Remind your bro that he holds all the cards. Sometimes ya gotta play hardball with them. There are thousands of other Chevrolet dealers out there - any of them would be more than happy to sell him an SS, especially at this time of year, even if they have to low-ball another dealer on price... sometimes (more like USUALLY) they need to be reminded of this. Good luck! :chevy:

Ohh guys, Just wanted to throw this out there quick!

My brothers truck KBB retail for 14,500-16000$ the KBB dealer trade value is 12,500,

30,000 - 12,500 so 17,500 out the door would be a a great deal??!!!

walk out on them once and leave his cell number with them! They want to move it bad and it is the end of the year!!!!!

That's absolutley right. Remind your bro that he holds all the cards. Sometimes ya gotta play hardball with them. There are thousands of other Chevrolet dealers out there - any of them would be more than happy to sell him an SS, especially at this time of year, even if they have to low-ball another dealer on price... sometimes (more like USUALLY) they need to be reminded of this. Good luck! :chevy:

6.0ss: Does your brother get ant type of discount like GM employer or something like that? That's not a bad price, but they will do better. It's a 03 and 05 is just around the corner. They know they won't be able to sell it in a week or 2 so they will go down more. I bought a 03 this past April and traded my 01 in. It was a lease with 2 years left on it with a dent in the back of the cab, bald tires and I drove it hard(70,00 miles in almost 3 years). They paid it off and gave me $4K to put toward the 03 because they really wanted to move it. It was fun to watch the guy run back to the manager every time I got up to leave. My wife didn't like sitting there for hours but I had fun with it. If you know someone with a GM discoutn ask them about it. Every once in awhile they run a speacial were you can give your discount to a friend. That will save you $3K or $4K more.

He does not get any GM credit set up, :banghead:

But, he is going in this afternoon, Told him not to budge from 16k difference and make sure you walk out if they don't hit it.

My brother was funny, he said "What happens if I walk out and they don't call me, I really want that truck"!!! :eek: LOL

Told him that they will call him, They only have 4 days to move this before the end of the year!!! :D

Tell him that they need to give him at least 11k trade in, and go to $28,500 AT MOST with that truck.  It is a 2003, so if your brother can actually pay for it then I bet that they will go for it.  it is costing them $$ every month to keep that thing on the lot.

with 4 days left till EOY, they will make him a deal. They can't afford not to. I got up many times, then the little salesman would run to his boss(manager). My payment must have went down by at least $100 per month. I could have gotten lower but they met what I went to get, so I got her. :thumbs:

Oh yeah....make sure he looks at the interest rate he will be paying. They try to get you there :banghead:

Well he did the deal, Little guy made me proud, Stood them off, and got 17 k out the door!!!!!!!

:chevy: OUR FAMILY IS THE PROUD OWNER OF IT"S SECOND SSS!!!!! :chevy: \

He picks it up tomorrow, I Had to take the stereo out of his dodge and put the factory one back in tonight, we also got all of his personal stuff out!

Ill get some picks up asap, he is already wanting to modify it!! LOL Now I am trapped, I can't let his SS be faster than my black one!!!!!!

Archived