RADIX INSTALL

I've got everthing in order, the SS is at a friends with a fenced-in yard and large garage and any kind of tool you can think of.

I'll have a clean cold engine in the morning.

I've inventoried, sorted, debated, studied, whined and I'm ready to go!

I'm giving myself 2 days to do this with a 3rd for a cushion. I'm excited and apprehensive, I don't think I'll break anything.

The only thing I haven't figured out... How to 'un-tension' the belt tensioner? :confused:

I know it has to be simple, never touched one. My service rep says there's a slot in it for a breaker bar, but I don't see it. :rolleyes:

Any advice??

The camera batteries are charging.... stay tuned... :pop:

WW :thumbs:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your installing a supercharger and don't know how to remove the belt? have fun.

haha... thats funny....

i dont think it will be too bad for him.... at least not with everyones help here on the board... i know a lot of you have been helpful to me.

id love to be doing the radix kit on mine... but am too afraid of reliability issues. i cant afford to be without the truck if something happens... it would be different if it were paid off... but ive only made 1 payment so far...

Today has gone well, I'd say 70% through it. :thumbs:

I'll post pics after shower and food.

I have one problem:

I ruined one of the clips in the fuel line (return?). :cry:

The clip fits inside the female connection and lock to a barb on the male.

I hope it's a dealer item without having to buy the complete line, it looks to be a bitch to change.

I'm going to see if I can straighten the clip.

I've thought possibly of cutting the line and splicing for a temp fix if I have to order the line.

Opinions, suggestions are appreciated.

Off to get clean...

WW :smash:

Archived