408 cubic inch stroker kit

BigTex

Brand new parts. I bought these a couple of months back but haven't done anything with them. My plans have changed, so there is no need to keep these parts stored in my garage. Details:

Eagle 4" stroker crank

Custom ordered 4.030" Diamond forged pistons

Eagle ESP H beam 6.125" connecting rods

Diamond Pro select piston rings

Federal Mogul bearings

ARP Rod bolts

I bought all these items new from ARE www.agostino-racing.com - I had the parts balanced and machined by ARE before shipping them. The complete rotating assembly is ready to install, all that is needed is a 6 liter block bored .030 over. I bought these parts with a good discount applied for $2300. These same parts total over $2400 from Thunder Racing without the added labor and materials of balancing.

Pistons have -5cc valve reliefs in them to allow for big cams and keep the CR at a decent level. With a stock head and gasket, it will be right at 10.7:1 compression ratio. Parts should easily handle 600rwhp+. With the right mods, expect a conservative 450 hp and tq without a power adder.

I'd like to sell these for what I have in it, which is $2300. I'll split the shipping with the buyer.

Richard

408-1.jpg

408-2.jpg

408-3.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really wish it wasn't Christmas time right now.

Hmmm diamond earings for the wife or stroker kit....  I wonder which one she would like better.

depends on how much you like the silent treatment. :jester:

I couldn't pass up on the Radix. Problem was, I had already been collecting things for a stroker. Sooooo, it was decision time for me. I'm going for the Radix first.

Diamond earrings for the wife or Diamond pistons for the truck. Play it safe and get both. :eek:

I've got a Radix sitting in my garage.

I don't have the time lately to build a motor and install it myself (which I want to do), but I do have time to plop on a Radix. Basically comes down to "I want some more power NOW". :)

I think the stroker would be best in the long run, but I'm impatient.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Erik and Ben. I'm suprised as well. As soon as you guys or Jeff starts really tearing up the streets the 408 will become a popular choice.

Vtodd- this doesn't sound like the mod for you. You'll need to have a machine shop prep your block. I'd also suggest that you pay a professional to do the main build. Most handy guys can get the motor swaped in and out without paying someone or having a bunch or specialty tools.

Thanks Erik and Ben.  I'm suprised as well.  As soon as you guys or Jeff starts really tearing up the streets the 408 will become a popular choice. 

Vtodd- this doesn't sound like the mod for you.  You'll need to have a machine shop prep your block.  I'd also suggest that you pay a professional to do the main build.  Most handy guys can get the motor swaped in and out without paying someone or having a bunch or specialty tools.

How much would full install run, including the block boring?? Im not too deep into the technical info for our engine internals. Boy id like to say its a 408stroker though ;)

Thanks Erik and Ben.  I'm suprised as well.  As soon as you guys or Jeff starts really tearing up the streets the 408 will become a popular choice. 

Vtodd- this doesn't sound like the mod for you.  You'll need to have a machine shop prep your block.  I'd also suggest that you pay a professional to do the main build.  Most handy guys can get the motor swaped in and out without paying someone or having a bunch or specialty tools.

How much would full install run, including the block boring?? Im not too deep into the technical info for our engine internals. Boy id like to say its a 408stroker though ;)

Machine work should run about $500 (bored, cleaned, and balance checked with your balancer and flywheel). Pulling, disassembly, reassembly and install should run another $500-750 I'd think. (10 or so shop hours)

ok, i dont have much expeirence physically working on the 6.0, ive put an CAI on it, and changed the cats, thats all, but iam no idiot. is this something somebody with average enigine knowledge, and a little expeirence could tackle or not. i could easily get it machined locally. u confuse me, what defines a handy man?

Archived