GM Card Incentive

GEAR M UP

Its such a big rebate because they want all the 04's to go before the 05's ... because apparently from what the dealer said yesterday, the 05 is a huge upgrade ... just like the ssr. :driving:

He said theres also been RUMORS of a retro mid 60's camaro! But its only rumors and its only chevy so we'll see. :chevy:

I'm sorry guys, but when I see them knocking off 10,000.00 from the price of any new vehicle it just flat pisses me off. It shows how much the mark up is and how little our trucks are worth in reality after we buy them. :mad::mad:

I don't have the FACTS, but I was told they build our SS's for around 12,000.00 their cost. Is that true? And we pay 35 to 40 K for them?

That's just wrong.... but what can we do about it short of not buying them? :dunno:

Remember that GM makes more money from financing of their vehicles than they do selling the vehicles themselves.

I am sure there are stipulations when using the $10k incentive that will allow GM to make their profit via credit card financing profit instead of the profit from the selling of the vehicle directly.

Yes that is true, but I still think it's lame that my 40K truck sold for 32,700.00 and I got 0.0% for 60 months and they still made money off of it!

Like I said, if it cost them even 15 K to build it why don't they sell it for 25K and sell more of them? 10 grand is plenty of profit from one item.... Too many middlemen with their hand in the pie. The UAW workers having to make 30.00 an hour is what the problem is... but that's another story.

As many already know, the manufacturing price has very little to do with the value of a product (i.e. street price or selling price).

For instance, a $1 bill does not cost 100 times more to make than a $100 bill.

Even a penny cost more than a penny to manufacture!

If the SS wasn't worth the money, many here would have bought something else.

I don’t know about you guys but when GM takes $10,000 off a car it makes me want to buy a car!

$5000 in GM Card Topped Off Incentive

$5000 Cash back

$10,000 off a GTO can this be true? 

That would be under $20K for a new 04' GTO...... :eek:

Ok, Let me see if I am getting this right. If you go out and buy a 2004 GTO you will get 5,000 Cash back. If you have a GM Card you get another 5,000 off ??? If this is true I think I need a GTO. Supercharge it and it will run with the new ones, and for that kind of price you could do alot more than supercharge it. Let me know if that is right guys.

well the dealer alone makes around 10K on your deal....my dads best firend is a gm for a chevy dealer. he gave me 22k for my 27k truck. he said they would only make about a grand or so on it but i got a loan out for 8.5 years @5% a year so 5th/3rd bank is makin like 10K on my truck from interest

well the dealer alone makes around 10K on your deal....my dads best firend is a gm for a chevy dealer. he gave me 22k for my 27k truck. he said they would only make about a grand or so on it but i got a loan out for 8.5 years @5% a year so 5th/3rd bank is makin like 10K on my truck from interest

8.5yrs...holy chit. :eek:

Talked my mom into going in on that rebate and buying a GTO. Someone explain this 1000$ Gas Guzzler tax on the window sticker?

2004 Gto

Engine: ENGINE,8CYL 5.7L SFI

Transmission: AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

Exterior: Phantom Black Metallic

Interior: Anthracite,leather Trim Comb

VIN#: 6G2VX12G24L234749

MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE*: $31,795.00

GAS GUZZLER TAX

$1,000.00

TOTAL OPTIONS: $1,000.00

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS: $32,795.00

DESTINATION CHARGE: $700.00

TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*: $33,495.00

STANDARD EQUIPMENT:

Items featured below are included at NO EXTRA CHARGE in the standard vehicle price shown above.

M E C H A N I C A L:

5.7L 350 HP LS1 V-8, RWD

4 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

4 WHEEL INDEPENDENT SUSPENSION

POWER FRONT/REAR DISC BRAKES

TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM

POWER ASSISTED VARIABLE RATIO

RACK & PINION STEERING

LIMITED SLIP REAR DIFF. 3.46:1

17" X 8" 5 SPOKE ALLOY WHEELS

P245/45 ZR17 W-RATED TIRES

S A F E T Y & S E C U R I T Y: