New Outlaw Thread

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C'mon guys :nono:

Lets not make this ugly. The mods have made thier decision so lets just drop it :banghead:

Ben: I would expect more maturity from someone who is supposed to be a mod :wtf:

Beuamont: don't fan flames!

Both of you: thank you for editing your posts :thumbs:

this is a good place for discussing how happy or unhappy you are with the product. the new volant i'm guessing you haven't seen the results from. either way, you can post your discust with volant all you'd like without promoting another product. i was all for the oppertunity for the guys to hear about it which is why i did/said nothing early on. like i was saying, we don't make the rules, we just try to enforce them. mervz tells us what is allowed and what isn't. by his standards that had been taken way over the line long before much was said. if this airbox is that good which it may be, than the quality will sell it. if tbyrne is pushing an airbox through that's new, that's ok since he has paid the right to. i locked that post and if if you'd like you can call me and bitch at me about it, i can take it. nobody said anything when you posted your new website for your business on here which technically could be considered as advertising. you're a good member and it's not a big deal. many items on here are sold via members like the parts i have sold myself, the decals craig has made for people, allen's service's, joe's parts/service's, etc. if it's simply a mention here and there it's no big deal, that can be just let go. that is not the case we have at this point.

btw, the radix thing does get old real for sure. on the other hand, the radix is a product that tbyrne sells which makes it valid conversation.

Im sure they might in the future. I called Tbyrne about the outlaw thursday and the lady I spoke to said she never heard of it. I know they will know about it soon with all the talk here since they are on the site a lot.

Im glad to see that the drama is gone with this subject. I often brag about how our site is one that does not have the drama, the lanuage and harshmess that I know other sites have.

I was thinking of getting something other than the SS when I bought my third just because of the bad luck I have had with the trucks, But I really love them and the people here on this site and all the trading info that happens here really makes the truck just that more enjoyable to own. :thumbs:

JOSH

UPDATE:

SO CAL GUYS!!! We need a Radix'd SS to contact Outlaw for testing... as of now the only supercharger testing we can do is on a Vortech system.

dcarins: you're the only guy I could think of tha that has a Radix on an SS in the area... if you're willing please contact Aaron @ Outlaw.

Anyone else that has a Radix and will be willing to test using their truck contact Outlaw via their website: OUTLAW POWER

Thanks guys! :thumbs:

btw, the radix thing does get old real for sure. on the other hand, the radix is a product that tbyrne sells which makes it valid conversation.

Disgusting. I thought this was an enthusiat's forum, not a retailer-controlled marketing group.

The two threads on this emerging airbox have left a lot to read between the lines, and I am offended at how the vendors here have chosen to handle the Volant PR debacle; their behavior is completely contrary to how I operate my own business. I am not going to say what I would have done in their shoes - I am going to say I would not have used this forum as they did.

It is appearing that we might have to go to another venue to freely discuss what is emerging, what works, what does not work, etc and just hang around here to talk about each other...

Mr. P.

Edit - Sarcastically nailing my point home here - I guess we won't talk about Valentine One radar detectors, or their effectiveness/ineffectiveness, or good cop/bad cop war stories on SilveradoSS.com because the units are not resold by any site sponsors.

Mr. P:

While I appreciate the sentiment (and agree whole-heartedly) please try and keep those kind of comments to a minimum. The mods, one in particular :yellow_loser: , have made their position on this VERY clear so it is best we respect that and just follow 'the rules'... I don't want to see another thread about this get shut down.... at least not untill the testing is finished. :thumbs:

To site moderators and supporting vendors - I am not unaware nor unappreciative of what it takes to keep this site up; I build high-volume internet sites professionally and I am very aware the costs involved and thank you for supporting the site.

To fellow site members - please forgive my outburst, it was not my intention to do anything which would potentially spill-over and upset things for you. dylanvonkleist you are right to point this out and I see my inconsideration in this regard, it did not occur to me at the time - please accept my apologies. I will in the future take the effort to make my expressed opinions more constructive, or send more PMs.

Mr. P.

Edit :

The mods, one in particular :yellow_loser: ,

To the site moderators - Just so there is no misunderstanding - I'm sorry to have foamed-up on you Zippy. I do not think anything negative of the moderators' role in this - hands are tied and moderators must enforce policy, whether they agree with it or not. I just did not realize until this thread that this *was* the policy, and discovering it in this way surprised and offended me. So, I apologize, it is not the moderators' role to have to explain or argue this one way or the other - the right thing to do is take these kinds of matters up with the owners of the site, and that is what I should have done.

Mr. P.

it's ok autoguy, there are a few others on "the list".

i certainly understand your point mister p and no offense is taken here. we have plenty of time to laugh or growl at each other. :jester:

on one note though, i have seen the volant name brought into this alot and don't quite understand it. you may bash the volant box until you are tired of typing, that has nothing to do with this other new box.

Archived