body damage

sandman

My SS is barely a month old and a lawn guy at a shopping center kicked up two stones with a weed wacker right into the rear quarter panel. It's got two dings with chipped paint. Est repair over $500.00 and 3 days down time. Another guy says he can remove the dents with paintless dent removal system and touch it up for $60.00. :smash: It won't be perfect but who knows when the next ding will come along, can't spend 500 every time. Anybody know if this dent removal stuff works. :confused:

:fume: Track the guy down and beat him with a bar of soap stuffed in a tube sock! I hate parking in a lot full of careless people. :cry: I would give the dent removal fix a try. hey, if it doesn't work you are only out $60...worth a shot in my book however I am a perfectionist and would hate looking at a minor flaw.

Sandman,

That reminds me of something that happened to me the second day I had my truck. My wife and I took the truck over to her parents to show it off. They said they thought it was nice and we went inside to watch the tube and chat. Next thing I know, my mother-in-law is outside and I hear the lawn mower going. I ran outside and guess who is riding her mower literally two feet away from my truck with the grass shoot blowing right at it. I'll tell you I could feel the waves of hot blood rushing through my body. :fume: I stopped her and she just smiled, in an idiot sort of way, oblivious as to what she was doing. I hurried and moved the truck as far away from her as possible, went in and grabbed my wife and left quickly before I strangled her mother. When I got home I picked off the pieces of grass still stuck to the wheels and lower panels. Luckly, it was just grass and dust, no chips. I'm glad I left with out saying a word since no harm was done before I said some things to her she'd never be able to forget.

I guess the moral of the story is, trust no one around a prized possesion, no matter who it is. I hope the dents come out of your quarter panel for the $60. Let us know if they do because my wife's 2002 Jeep has two dings already and it would be great if it could be fixed for that little. The estimate I got for them was $600 because of the new 3-stage paint it has. They said the manufacturer reccomends the whole side of the Jeep has to be repainted because that paint is so hard to match. Good luck.

The paintless dent removal does work but what's the point if the paint is cracked, you'll still have a mark where the paint is missing after the dent is out.....just save the money and get it painted and fixed the right way, you spent all that money on a new truck....why fix it half azzed :confused:

Sandman,

That reminds me of something that happened to me the second day I had my truck. My wife and I took the truck over to her parents to show it off. They said they thought it was nice and we went inside to watch the tube and chat. Next thing I know, my mother-in-law is outside and I hear the lawn mower going. I ran outside and guess who is riding her mower literally two feet away from my truck with the grass shoot blowing right at it. I'll tell you I could feel the waves of hot blood rushing through my body. :fume: I stopped her and she just smiled, in an idiot sort of way, oblivious as to what she was doing. I hurried and moved the truck as far away from her as possible, went in and grabbed my wife and left quickly before I strangled her mother. When I got home I picked off the pieces of grass still stuck to the wheels and lower panels. Luckly, it was just grass and dust, no chips. I'm glad I left with out saying a word since no harm was done before I said some things to her she'd never be able to forget.

I guess the moral of the story is, trust no one around a prized possesion, no matter who it is. I hope the dents come out of your quarter panel for the $60. Let us know if they do because my wife's 2002 Jeep has two dings already and it would be great if it could be fixed for that little. The estimate I got for them was $600 because of the new 3-stage paint it has. They said the manufacturer reccomends the whole side of the Jeep has to be repainted because that paint is so hard to match. Good luck.

:fume::fume::fume::fume: you have got to be kidding me!!!!!!! I probably would have choked her :devil:

It's got two dings with chipped paint. Est repair over $500.00 and 3 days down time.

The key word here is "chipped"...paintless dent repair really doesn't apply if there is paint damage. I am admittedly biased, but would highly recommend the professional full treatment body and paint repair process. When you consider your investment and how special your limited production SS is, there can really be no other choice. Just my two cents worth.

The key word here is "chipped"...paintless dent repair really doesn't apply if there is paint damage. I am admittedly biased, but would highly recommend the professional full treatment body and paint repair process. When you consider your investment and how special your limited production SS is, there can really be no other choice. Just my two cents worth.

I agree. :cheers:

I have had simular things happen to past vehicles. It bothered me so much to look at that everyday that I ended up paying the few hundred it took to just get rid of it. Everyone's different. That might be an over the top response to a minor problem but it made me happy so it was worth the money.

That said, had I already owned the vehicle for three years or so, I probably wouldn't have fixed it. ;)

I got with the lawn company and they had me get 2 estimates. Said they would mail me a check for $530.00 made out to me and the body shop. Hate to part with my SS for 3 days, but it's I'm going to get it fixed right. Thanks for all the imput.

Sandman

I wish I knew where you lived. I work for Dent Wizard (get my post name). I would be willing to fix it just because I feel for you. I just wish that some of you fellas didn't consider the fix as half-azzed. The chance that your paint is going to look exactly the same after the repaint is a shot in the dark and you know have a repainted panel.

I would PDR the dents, and have a good airbrush guy blow paint into the chips. But please, please do not use some hack PDR guy. If done correctly, it doesn't just look better, it should be PERFECT.

By the way whoever wrote about the limited number of SS's and the investment of having it done the "right way" should know this. A local high end dealer here in WA state thought it was a good enough process to allow me to work on their $353,000 Bentley Arnage, and the Jaguar XJ220 that they put two palm dents in the hood. By the way, look at the number of XJ220's in the U.S.. Phew! Thanks for letting me vent, that felt great.

Archived