pcm for less

Called pcm today and asked if i could order a pcm tune. granted it is sunday but i got a major attitude and did not appreciate it at all. if it wasnt for all of you guys saying how great of a job he did i would not order a thing from him.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I understand, the prices are different because some charge for upgrades and some do not. Your best bet is to think about all the mods you are going to do and then make a decision. I already have a Nelson tune and he doesn't charge for upgrades. I plan on supercharging it this year as well as some tranny mods, so I will not have to pay for those upgrades, only shipping which everyone pays anyway. I don't know about other tuners, but Nelson also sends out upgraded PCM's before hand that way there is no down time for your ride. Many things to think about............

Late- Alex

I also got some attitude. He put his cell# on the website. I didnt know that. So I called late on a Sunday, hoping to leave a message but instead got attitude.

I think it was very unprofessional and it does not say anywhere to not call on sundays or that he does not do work on sundays. How much performance did you see out of your tune when you got it done?

what kind of gains did u see from the nelson tune and how much did the initial tune cost you?

I couldn't tell you off hand what the tune cost because I forgot, but if I find the receipt, I'll let you know. I do know I bought if through a group purchase. I think his tunes go for around $400.00, don't quote me on that though. As far as gains, I don't have any specific numbers, but IT WAS THE BEST MONEY SPENT ON MY TRUCK SO FAR!!!!!

Late- Alex

i have bryans PCM4less tune. he is a great guy... im sure there was something going on.. that attitude was most likely not directed toward you.. hes a real cool guy. i actually live about 15 min from him... he did my tune right there at his house... took time to show me his SS and chat for a bit. also i have been back recently actually at night to get my tune updated for some changes... he hooked me up and was also great with me at that time as well. his tune is worth every penny... made a ton of difference for little $. hes a great guy.. give him another chance

you called him on his cell phone on a sunday? is your pcm tune really that important that it couldn't wait until monday?

I was gonna comment on this thread yesterday but decided to let it go. Now that Zippy has commented, I'll give my 2 cents worth.

I cant belive you guys are complaining because you got a attitude for calling on a sunday and late at night. ...........

i'm sure he has his everyday cell phone number on there since having two cell phones would be too much. a cell phone number is there as a last call thing if you run into a problem or can't get in touch with that person during normal business hours. that's just rediculous to call him on a sunday and expect him to be cheery about it. if you call ed wright during business hours you'll get attitude let alone if you got ahold of someone from there on a weekend.

We give out Joe's cell number when we sell a shift kit and it's done as a courtesy because we know that some of you guys are doing home installs and the weekend is the only time you have available. I would think that is why Bryan also gives his out and he probably doesn't want to catch any flack for being unatainable like Nelson gets. I guess the question would be, would you rather get an "attitude" on a normal working man's day off or would you rather leave a message and hope you get a call back in a reasonable amount of time?

Sheri

Archived