pcm for less

i agree with you. i give out mine also because some are working on stuff at strange times and i get calls at all times of the day anyway. i think calling for technical advice if you have a question reguarding a product you bought already would be the reason you would call the cell number. calling later on in the day on sunday isn't the time to order something such as a new tune. it's a cell phone number meaning he may be out somewhere with nothing to write your info down, might be in the middle of something important, etc. if someone had just installed a pcm from him and their truck wouldn't start, their pulling a trailer and have severe spark knock, or just ran into a weird problem that they may have a question on. i don't know what was going on at the time they called since bryan is usually quite nice to deal with at most times, but there are times when the "customer" can be a bother. try calling for orders during business hours and i'm sure you'll get a different response.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well for one i called sunday around 2. he answered his phone in the shop. and why would you answer your phone? Sorry guys im not complaining but an attitude wasnt necessary especially for potential cleints. But i called back today and he def acted alot diffrent.

I think you need to stop bashing the guy....I mean you don't know the situation he was in and it is a little unreasonable to think you could order a PCM on a Sunday. We are lucky to even have someone as talented as Bryan to help when we need it.

You need to let it go or buy a Hypertech...thats right they haven't made a tuner for the SS yet. If you called them in 2003 when this truck first came out you would have had to wait a year until they "got around to it".

Af far as Bryan goes, last year he came to me to do my SS personally and then we drove to Michael Andretti's house to tune his New Denali because it was an '04 and none of the Handheld guys even started to think about 04 model year trucks because the were still trying to finish up 02's!!!

You need to give the man a break...everyone needs one now and then...especially on a holiday weekend...Lighten up and get real!!!!

yeah well if u didnt read my last post it did say he was a total different guy. alot nicer and talked for a while about the truck and where i go to school in pa. I was just saying that it wasnt necessary but i do understand everyone has bad days.

He should have noted on his site that it was his cell phone. If he has a shop, why cant he just get a phone number there, so when someone wants to leave a message like I did, then they could. I dont think there was anything wrong with calling him on a Sunday night(trying to leave a message) when my truck wouldnt start and I had to go to the hospital to see my dad. I think he is a real nice guy except for that one phone call I had with him.

Can't say I blame the guy for being short w/ you. I've had customers call my cell phone as late as 11:00 at night and some call during the dinner hour on Sundays. I always answer b/c if it were an emergency I'd address the issue... but in most cases its stupid questions that could've waited untill the next morning.

I actually had a customer call me at 10pm on a Friday to ask me what size batteries he would need for a universal remote I shipped him the day before! :banghead:

Being in business I understand what its like... your lucky he just gave you an attitude... I would've given you a peice of my mind and a swift kick in the @$$! :mad:

I don't know why everyone is getting on this guys case. All he did was post an experience he had with PCM4LESS, granted it wasn't a pleasant one. Many other people post their experiences and don't get this much flac from it. If this guy gave him attitude for calling him at a time where it wasn't good for him, then he shouldn't post his cell number for everyone to see, PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! I understand he probably did it to make sure he is available at all times for his customers, but giving a potential customer an attitude is uncalled for. Why not just give the cell number out to his current customers? He could have simply NOT ANSWERED or told this guy to call back at another time. This is a potential customer ($$$CHING, CHING$$$) calling him and I'm sure he called because of the good things he heard about PCM4LESS on here or another board.

Give this guy a break! I'm sure we all can agree that customer sevice is pretty much #1 with all of us. I know I wouldn't mind paying extra for something as long as I was treated right.

Late- Alex

You didn't know, and you found out, so now ust call him during NORMAL buisness hours and mabye apologize for bothering him on sunday right after new years, and get ur tune chill.

Bryan is AWSOME. He spent alllllot of time with my truck over the past week, and put up with all of my questions and everything. You just didn't call at the right time. Don't pblame him!

Nate

You didn't know, and you found out, so now ust call him during  NORMAL buisness hours and mabye apologize for bothering him on sunday right after new years, and get ur tune chill.

Bryan is AWSOME. He spent alllllot of time with my truck over the past week, and put up with all of my questions and everything. You just didn't call at the right time. Don't pblame him!

Nate

:withstupid:

Hi guys,

I was just surfing the board and saw this. DROS called on Monday then and ordered and he and I chatted for a while. I didn't try to be short on Sunday, but must have sounded that way. I normally don't pick up the phone on Sundays when I sneak in but did grab this one. I didn't have a PC on that I could place the order and was in a hurry to get some work done and get out. I didn't want to sound short, but I probably did sound hurried and that often sounds short. I didn't even realize that when he called and ordered yesterday that it was the same person till I saw this message. I am actually programming his PCM right now that he ordered yesterday and it is shipping out today. I do try to be available as much as possible and forward the main number to my cell phone when I am out so I can catch calls as I will be the first one to admit that like most people I am not good at returning calls. I think the night Dan called I was in Pittsburgh for minor family emergency (brother was moving and all his helpers backed out) and I was knee deep in that. I guess I just have to be more careful with my tone when I am not really that available as it is coming off as being short. Most guys I have chatted with have typically seen the oposite that I can get talkative and typially enjoy questions about what mods do and don't work on our trucks/cars. We all have our moments though and these must have been my two :)

Not only do I try to offer the best product for the best price, but I try to offer the best service as well by always being available, but maybe having the phone strapped to my side 24/7 may not be a great idea either. I typically run the phone hours 1PM to 7PM M-F so I can get all my UPS work done in the morning and then work on emails and phone calls in the afternoon thru evening. I almost always answer before 1PM and after 7PM and I did have those hours posted on the front page of the website, but it looks like that isn't there anymore so I will have to make sure it gets back up.

Thanks guys,

Bryan

Archived