Linclon steps up

04CHASE

:wtf: how did you see one at a gas station 2 weeks ago? Its not available yet.

Whoa, dude, didn't mean to get your hackles up, but it's pretty simple - it had a manufacturer plate on it - I do live in the general Detroit area, so I see these pre-release vehicles and engineering mules from time to time.

Around here, engineers drive these vehicles home all the time. There are several in my neighborhood; one is a GM engineer who drives home a different test vehicle about every other week.

I didn't make this up . . .

Don't take it personal... I was just curious... you didn't mention you saw a 'mule'. I took you at your post count of 81... didn't mean anything by it.

Did it have all the masking and disguise stuff on it or was it in full painted trim?

:wtf: how did you see one at a gas station 2 weeks ago? Its not available yet.

Whoa, dude, didn't mean to get your hackles up, but it's pretty simple - it had a manufacturer plate on it - I do live in the general Detroit area, so I see these pre-release vehicles and engineering mules from time to time.

Around here, engineers drive these vehicles home all the time. There are several in my neighborhood; one is a GM engineer who drives home a different test vehicle about every other week.

I didn't make this up . . .

Don't take it personal... I was just curious... you didn't mention you saw a 'mule'. I took you at your post count of 81... didn't mean anything by it.

Did it have all the masking and disguise stuff on it or was it in full painted trim?

No problem - it's all cool. I shoulda probably explained better in the first post anyway. :cool:

This one looked like a production model - no attempt at hiding at all. What first caught my eye is the F-150 look, but it had the Navigator-like grill. By the time it registered, I was already heading for an intersection and still rubber necking around to catch a brief side glimpse and then the tail gate, which had the Lincoln/Mercury badge on it where the blue oval would be on the F*rd.

In the relatively short time I had to look, my impression is that this really looks like a re-badged F-150 - just grill, trim, and wheel differences - and although I couldn't see it, probably a more "plush" interior treatment. Wish I could have taken a pic - afterall this is the "picture post" category!

As for my post count, yeah I don't post a lot, but I've actually been a member since about the day this forum and site opened, just under another name. And now that I actually own an SSS, didn't make much sense to go by the handle, "GreenRado" anymore. :eek:

I think its funny Ford is going to try again. I remember seeing it on car and drive television a few years ago, I think they said it was more for a rich rancher to drive around in.

I do have to say though that the inside of the blackwood is real sharp. The inside of the new ones are real ugly. :puke:

I have to say one thing.  I do like the backseat on this truck.

Dave

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4515929682&rd=1

It's just the same as the Harley edition. Better to get that than the Lincoln.

:withstupid: The blackwoods interior is sorta nice, with the rear buckets and the bed is puely for show it looks but i'd rather take the harley

The Feb '05 issue of Motor Trend has an insert/poster w/ the new Lincoln truck, if anyone's interested, BTW.

That's pretty much exactly what I saw a couple weeks ago. It's officially called the Lincoln Mark LT, according to that poster.

Still looks like a warmed over F-150 to me . . . :dunno:

Archived