king cobra intake

mplv

I didn't notice the milage increase that was claimed... maybe have seen a 1 mpg increase in the 4 months I have had it. Slight SOTP performance increase, and the engine definitely "growls" under throttle now.

i had it and returned it. you have to remove the plastic cover that goes over the radiator and leave it off, plus the scoop is only a half a scoop, your hood is the other half of the scoop, also the scoop blocks off the pass. side of your radiator, seems like it would run hotter. as if thats not enough it also does not keep eng. temp from your intake because there is a 3" opening inside the eng compartment. not to mention that it doent look very good. i guess you can tell that i didnt like it huh? i like the new volant with scoop.

There was a whole lot of hoopla about this thing, but once it came out there were issues, they had an immediate redesign, people tried it and didn't see any gains, lots of people returned it, and the promotion has been conspicuiously absent ever since.

dc_justin how hard was it to install?

It was easy to install....

But a few days ago I took it off and do not plan on running it anymore. I went to inspect the filter to see if it needed cleaning at all, and found some leaf particles and a bug's wing on the MAF screen. I'm not sure how this could have happened considering it is a foam filter with the smallest openings being the size of a needle point, but I don't want to take any more chances. I do notice a decrease in milage since I've removed it, but that is worth the piece of mind in knowing that my K&N will keep the engine safer, IMO .

I would consider selling it cheap, but I'd rather not have someone else get serious engine damage from somthing slipping by...

I got flamed on another board for calling Tbyrne out on this POS.

GM does a pretty good job with their intake on stock vehicles.

To claim that a $300 part is going to create 20+ HP and 2+ MPG on a stock vehicle is absurd.

I am glad this thing has been exposed for what it is.

How much would you sell it for? I got a friend that is looking for one.

They are $240 new, right? How about half that, shipped. I can describe a very simple way to make it "safe" that would only cost a couple of bucks at most. I just don't want to deal with re-installing it when I've already bought a K&N.

They are $240 new, right? How about half that, shipped. I can describe a very simple way to make it "safe" that would only cost a couple of bucks at most. I just don't want to deal with re-installing it when I've already bought a K&N.

Did you buy a K&N drop in filter or a whole system?

Did you buy a K&N drop in filter or a whole system?

I just bought a drop in. It is sitting on my back seat right now, waiting for some temps above freezing for me to put it in.

dah.. i knew 35 hp for 300$ was too good to be true.... but hey for 120 i may give it a shot... im only concerned with it blocking the pass side radiator and having to much heat...dc_justin you have anyother probs with it other than there being crap in the MAF?

Hey I have one for sale if anyone else wants one. I only had it on my truck for a week so its in great condition. I also seen a gas mileage improvement, couldn't tell if it gave me any performance gains (then again, I am supercharged so a small improvement wouldn't likely be noticed). Reason for selling is because Outlaw performance is using my truck to test there system out and therye giving me the system for free. So if anyone is interested, shoot me a pm.

Archived