bigger injectors???

fatboyss

I am finally getting my cam, asm headers, 3000stall, and shift kit installed...The headers stall and shift kit will be finished in the next day or two and then the cam will be put in friday... I was wondering if bigger injectors are needed?

Thanks

With what you have, I would say no. Get some logging software now and as you add more mods just watch your ltrims and injector duty cycle. That way, you'll be able to tell when you run out of injector.

I was under the impression that these trucks could run cam/headers w/out needing injector upgrades. Someone on ls1tech said that the SS injectors were essentially maxed out with basically a tune and intake and maybe headers. Im not sure what size come in these trucks stock but i know that on my old lt1 in my camaro i ran a cc305(220/230) w/longtubes and i never had a problem which is why i was surprised to hear that my bro(fatboyss) may need larger injectors...If he does eventually upgrade, what size would he need. The cam he is installing is relatively small esp for a 6.0, he will be running asm's also with a pcm for less tune.

As long as they will work i think that he will just stick with the stock ones..It will be a while before he does anymore power mods on the engine so hopefully these will get him by....With these mods we are hoping for a low 14 sec pass(cam,longtubes,shiftkit,3000 stall,tune)..We will see soon enough i guess.

BigTex, and Brian @ pcmforless both maxed out their injectors with cam/header setups. On these trucks you can pretty much max them out will full bolt-ons and a good tune. I still wouldn't say that they were 100% necessary, but I think that they would be a good idea. I bet that you could find some 30lb injectors off of an 8.1L truck for pretty cheap.

Aaron

with those mods i'd be disappointed with a low 14...

Well, I would like to see 13's but we are trying to not get too pumped up just to be let down. He was able to click off a 14.8 with tune/cutouts and intake...In theory if the stall/shiftkit takes of arond .4-.5, headers and cam around .6 then we could should see around 13.7-13.9 but im not going to get to excited until i see the time slip.

Just get the logging software. That way you will KNOW, not just speculate based on what mods you have. It is one of the most important tools you can buy. Especially, if you continue to add mods. Just my .02.

Archived