Fuel Question

2003SilvSS

I found a post on here about 4 pages long on different octane's that people are running. The last time I filled up at the pump, I was running low on cash, so I filled up with 87 Octane. Man I think I noticed a big difference. Just cruising around it's fine, but stepping on it a little, I think there's a big difference. Lots of people said it would run rough and ping with 87 octane fuel, but I never noticed any pinging, just doggy acting. I guess I'll spend an extra 5 bucks at the pump and get the higher octane, 91 or 93. It just sucks ass when it's 2.00$/gallon

Brian

I found a post on here about 4 pages long on different octane's that people are running.  The last time I filled up at the pump, I was running low on cash, so I filled up with 87 Octane.  Man I think I noticed a big difference.  Just cruising around it's fine, but stepping on it a little, I think there's a big difference.  Lots of people said it would run rough and ping with 87 octane fuel, but I never noticed any pinging, just doggy acting.  I guess I'll spend an extra 5 bucks at the pump and get the higher octane, 91 or 93.  It just sucks ass when it's 2.00$/gallon

Brian

When you run less than 91, the PCM reverts to a low-octane "timing table" and pulls timing. So there is certainly less power, but not necessarily pinging.

I found a post on here about 4 pages long on different octane's that people are running.  The last time I filled up at the pump, I was running low on cash, so I filled up with 87 Octane.  Man I think I noticed a big difference.  Just cruising around it's fine, but stepping on it a little, I think there's a big difference.  Lots of people said it would run rough and ping with 87 octane fuel, but I never noticed any pinging, just doggy acting.  I guess I'll spend an extra 5 bucks at the pump and get the higher octane, 91 or 93.  It just sucks ass when it's 2.00$/gallon

Brian

man, I wish i could get 93 for $2.00 a gallon,, 2.50-2.70 by my area

I only run Sunoco 93 or 94 in mine. Local stations have 93 for $.06 off a gallon on Tues and 94 on Wed. I also picked up a Sunoco master card which you get 4% off each purchase from sunocos and 1% off all others applied towards the next months bill. If i run the local Sheetz's 92/93 octane I ping.

Archived