finally had everything installed

fatboyss

I just thought I would let everyone know

I finally had my comp cam 3000stall asm headers and shift kit installed

Im still waitnig on the tune and then i am headed to the track

That stall is one of the best mods i have done yet

I will get some numbers soon

I was runnig 14.8 with tune cai and cut outs

The truck seems to drive fine once i get going...the only thing is when stopping i have to give it alittle gas...The converter is great, the way it shoots out of the hole

tune should be here any minute, i cant wait...right now i have my stock tune so I think it will help alot

I drove fatboyss's truck back from Columbus, ga to athens when he got all of his mods installed the other day. I was very surprised how well the truck drove on the stock pcm. The only time that it was a pain in the ass was when we were at a light and i would have to give it a little gas. There is absolutley no cam surge at all and even with verter locked up below 1500 it drove like stock on the highway.

As far as the stall is concerned, i lined up next to him on a little road out by our house way out in the country.. He stalled it up around 2000 then slammed the gas, that truck just took off like a rocket. We are waiting on the new tune and then we will see what happens.. With the way his truck took off that day, I could easily see how a stall w/traction(which he has of course) could take off .5 on the 1/4 mile.

Well, we got the tune in yesterday and after the security procedure it fired up and idled

perfectly...no idle searching or anything. When driving around the truck has absolutely

no cam surge, which i imagined it wouldnt since it didnt have any with the stock tune.

From a stop this truck plants you in the seat and the shifts are VERY quick..Along with

the 3000 stall, fatboyss also had a trango shiftkit and vette servo installed and now with

no tq management there is no delay in the shifts. We are still trying to work out a few

things in the tune because it doesnt seem to pull as hard up top as we would like so

maybe there is some timing to be added there...Also, last night, we were riding beside a

96-98 cobra conv. around 35 mph. We both hit it at the same time and we downshifted into

first but there was miss or skip during or after the downshift..We are sure that we can

get this corrected with the tune. By the way the truck jumped, i think that cobra was

going to have his hands full for at least a gear or two. I think they trap around 100

so he more than likely would have pulled us eventually. I would like to thank Brian

@pcmforless for all of the help and im sure that he will have us fixed up in no time. :driving:

Archived