Trans Mods Installed

Finally had my new trans mods installed today and all I can say is... :eek: I should have done this a long time ago. I am heading to Vegas this weekend for a race where I have run a best of 15.39 ( :puke: ) before the trans work. I am hoping for 15.00 or high 14 in the Vegas elevation. I'll post times when I return.

:thumbs:

Maybe someone can help me understand a little more about the trans mods and how they benefit. How would the mods significantly improve the e.t. at the drags, unless the shifts were so slow as to cause the truck to go into a stall? I could understand picking up a few inches over a reasonable shifting stock setup. My truck has a 2800 stall and the shifts are quite decent and I'm just having a hard time picturing a firmer shift cutting a tenth or two off my e.t., that would mean one to three truck lengths at the end of the quarter. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the posts.

If you race someone from a roll who has a shift kit, and has eleminated tqm when you haven't done that, then you will see how it can help.  Every time you are shifting they pull ahead a bit more.

What about two equal trucks, both have same tune, one has a shift kit, the other has the presure increased in the tune and the shift is respectable? Would there still be a big difference through the quarter mile?

I notice you say from a roll, would this make a difference in the race results vs. a dead stop?

I don't think the diff would be too much, personally. Not just from one truck having a shift kit and the other not. Maybe someone has seen the actual result personally? Maybe a tenth.

But, add it all in, no tq mgt, shift kit, shift points moved out - then you would be talking some significant difference.

im kind of scared to put another shift kit in after my dealer bailed me out because the last one messed up the tranny ( i dont know the whole reason yet) but if i do im payiing someone to do it and have them warranty it for a while but the servos will soon be back in

I don't think the diff would be too much, personally.  Not just from one truck having a shift kit and the other not.  Maybe someone has seen the actual result personally?  Maybe a tenth.

But, add it all in, no tq mgt, shift kit, shift points moved out - then you would be talking some significant difference.

BenKey, Thanks for your input.

im waiting until monday to get my core charge for the new valve body i purchased i beleive it was where the new trans filter we installed had a crack in the fittingor it cam lose, im not 100% sure but i want to go with another shift kit but i think i willl pay for someone to install it and give me some kind of warranty on their work just for insurance, but i will pop the billet servos back in when i get a chance i

Is that safe without a shift kit?

Archived