got the exhaust

gbart

yeah do you have an x pipe i heard that it makes it quieter.

Gee... where'd you hear that? :jester:

well everything that i have read about x pipes, is that they can tone down your exhaust a pretty good amount. 

get rid of the x-pipe and go w/ a high flow cat....

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone have a TRUE dual exhaust on their truck yet.

What exactly do you mean by "TRUE DUAL"???

Right now mine runs out a set of JBA shorties right into the pipes... into the cats... then into independent single-in single-out flowmaster 50's and then dumps. No X pipe or H pipe... its about as true dual as I can get.

Does anyone have a TRUE dual exhaust on their truck yet.

What exactly do you mean by "TRUE DUAL"???

Right now mine runs out a set of JBA shorties right into the pipes... into the cats... then into independent single-in single-out flowmaster 50's and then dumps. No X pipe or H pipe... its about as true dual as I can get.

He means in our case, two independent mufflers. You have a"true" dual system. Stock is not.

I intalled shorty headers, left the cats alone, and used the stock pipe right to the muffler. cut the stock muffler off, installed flow 50 series, 2 in , 2 out. ran a pipe out each side behind rear tire. It sounded really good, but like you said it was loudest at lower RPM.

Then i installed a brute force intake and WOW, what a difference in performance and especially sound. The intake really brought out the sound in the flowmaster 50 series throughout the whole band, right through 5-6000 RPM. best thing i ever did. :thumbs:

:icon_bs: In my experience when someone says true duals they are talking about two completely independent exhaust pipes all the way to the tip. If you have a crossover it will help performance, but will also quiet the exhaust. It is hard to have the best of both, because if you want noise, skip the x or h pipe.

the 40s are just plain loud...i had those previous to my single 50 series...don't get me wrong - they sounded great...got a lot of thumbs up with those...but just to loud for as much driving as i do...

I have two 50s with an X-pipe dumped and I am happy, they could be a little louder, but I think I would be comprimising my hearing. :crazy:

Archived