What we do for a living

ssvette

I am a process engineer for a rubber/plastic sealing company.  Prior to this job I worked for a competitor (company called GDX automotive).  In that position I was in charge of the tooling design for the the outerbelts (window seal on outside of door) for all of the gmt800 program (our trucks).  So look at your outerbelts, thats my handy work.

So your the one responsible for the rear side windows leaking? :jester:

Actually that part does come from the same company, but it is the plant in Welland, ONT. Needless to say they didn't get any of the GMT 900 program!!!

You stated that our trucks are the 800 program, so whats the 900 program?

The new GM full size SUVs and pick ups.

My current company is doing the primary seal for these trucks. I have seen the new pick up - well the cab part - minus fenders and front end. We only get bucks (bodies in white) to do our testing on. I have seen the cab and the doors, minus all plastic trim and door handles. Not enought to tell about the way the are going to look.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a process engineer for a rubber/plastic sealing company.  Prior to this job I worked for a competitor (company called GDX automotive).  In that position I was in charge of the tooling design for the the outerbelts (window seal on outside of door) for all of the gmt800 program (our trucks).  So look at your outerbelts, thats my handy work.

So your the one responsible for the rear side windows leaking? :jester:

Actually that part does come from the same company, but it is the plant in Welland, ONT. Needless to say they didn't get any of the GMT 900 program!!!

You stated that our trucks are the 800 program, so whats the 900 program?

The new GM full size SUVs and pick ups.

My current company is doing the primary seal for these trucks. I have seen the new pick up - well the cab part - minus fenders and front end. We only get bucks (bodies in white) to do our testing on. I have seen the cab and the doors, minus all plastic trim and door handles. Not enought to tell about the way the are going to look.

I have heard from a few local dealers that they are supposed to look just like the tahoe as far as the front end goes.

OK...I changed companies but do the same thing...I am no longer in the U.S. Navy :flag: but now I work currently as a temp with Honeywell (hopefully permanant soon) building APU's for airliners...APU's are turbine engines that aircraft run as generators... :thumbs:

I'm an electronics tech/ installer defense contractor for the govt and work on these.

I have done some work on that boat myself.....Welder here. Work for NAVSEA.

I am an Install Manager for a Retail chain throughout the midwest.

I started out as the 12 volt install manager and now we do Home Theater, Satellite Installs, Custom Home Theater, I also Manage the 12 Volt Sales side of our company. so basically I am an overpaid Car stereo installer.

The look on my Dads face when I told him I was dropping out of Architecture School to be a car installer was priceless. sure the money isnt as good, but I love my job and it is ALOT of FUN!!!

im now a slacker, an unemplyed douche. I feel worthless, finding a decent job in Ca is not the easiest task ! lucky i saved all the money when i did work!!

I did work at a veterinary clinic for about 4-5 years. But, because some of the people there are biatches, I now work second shift at a distrubution warehouse for Family Dollar. A warehouse meaning no heating or air conditioning on the "floor". I get underpaid to either sweat or freeze my a$$ off, while other people get overpaid to sit comfortably on their a$$ and tell me what to do. I should have went to college :banghead:

Archived