Step by step how to Clear 03+ Headlights

Sick Boy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not something that can get you pulled over IMO but if thier anal it's something they will hassle you about probly. Ive been pulled over and the state trooper didn't mention anything about my titned tails or cleared/smoked headlights. Plus i have a spare set of headlights/taillights for inspection time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In the process of this mod. Like everyone said, the turn signal lenses were easy, its the headlights that are the SHITS!!! I have both turn signals done and one headlight, but I ran into a slight problem with the headlight. When I was trying to pull the lense off, I pulled the lense and black plastic deal off with it...has anyone else done this?? Will this matter when resealing?? I wouldnt think it would, but just checkin to see if I need to be more careful on the next one.

• 9 months later...

BUMP!!!!! :cheers: this is a great how-to on a very cheap visual mod...i may try to attempt this, but if im not gutsy enough when its time to shit or get, i may try to find somebody to do this for me, i will pay for supplies and their time, if people still read this thread

BUMP!!!!! :cheers: this is a great how-to on a very cheap visual mod...i may try to attempt this, but if im not gutsy enough when its time to shit or get, i may try to find somebody to do this for me, i will pay for supplies and their time, if people still read this thread

look in our sub-forum I separate them and paint the lenses.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I did mine a couple of days ago. They turned out really good. This is a really great mod. It looks really cool, and it is very inexpensive. It ended up taking me a full day to do all four. I am a bit of a perfectionist though. A heat gun would likely speed up the process significantly. The headlights were definitely harder than I anticipated. For anyone attempting this mod in the near future, I had to make an additional run to the parts store to pick up more silicone, I used about 2.5 tubes on the whole project. Also, 2 flat blade screw drivers ended up being my tools of choice. Since my truck is red, I decided not to paint the lenses black. I ended up actually painting the chrome in the blinker area (outside edge of the DRL/blinker) flat black to get a cleaner look. I also replaced the factory outer blinker bulb (194) with an amber one. Not sure if it is legal or not, but it looks good. I'll post pics.

post-19162-031810600 1318444445_thumb.jpg

post-19162-062313700 1318444455_thumb.jpg

post-19162-054519000 1318444466_thumb.jpg

post-19162-001234100 1318444481_thumb.jpg

post-19162-052193800 1318444526_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived