SS and the Snow

SS_man_62

422 members have voted

1. 1. SS and the Snow

• yes, I will store my SS when the snow comes
    • No, It has AWD I will drive it year round!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mine sits all winter, in a heated garage all coverd up.....it's not that i'm afraid to get it dirty, its the fact that why drive the nice one in the crap when I have another truck...plus it makes me appreiciate her more when we reunite in the spring :)

I had an 86 SS Monte Carlo I used to drive year round....I loved it up until the point I totalled it going to work at 5 am hah, but this will be my first snow season driving it and I'm excited(bought in March)......I go up to Vermont to my buddys cabin for a few weekends to get away from the BS at home and I gotta go up 3/4 of a mile in his steep driveway.....but I'll be keeping her clean!

• 1 month later...

Not much snow here in California, S.F. Bay Area unless I head up to Lake Tahoe. Here is a could one my family and two other families spent a weekend in the Tahoe area about back in '04 and we got hammered with snow over night. My SS was the last up the driveway and we all had to get out becasue another storm was coming. So I had to tow my buddies Lighting out to the cleaned road. This was before he gave me crap all for about a couple months about how my SSS is a big piece of Chevy junk. Needles to say I still have my SSS and he now drives a car. :idiot: I have to remind him every time I see him. That reminds me I haven't spoken to him in about six months :dunno: I need to call him!!!

Im rolling my ss all winter in michigan hey everyone has to have a winter beater lol jk if i could efford to put it away i would but no can do i just got some youkon rims and winter tires for it and it looks like shit but hey work with what ya got right?

• 2 weeks later...

So at 11 tonight, i get a knock on my door. I answer it to find a guy covered in snow, but looks familiar. Turns out to be a kid i havent seen since high school where we were good friends. We got prolly 8 inches of snow here in morgantown, wv and he slid off the road and got stuck in his truck. He wanted to know if i could pull him out as he saw my light on and my red truck out front.

Long story short, it is odd to have a rare scenario with slim odds like that happen (i live in a town with 20,000 2 hours away from where we grew up, and i only graduated with 87 people).

More importanly, the silvy ss pulled a truck out of a hole in 8 inches of snow without spinning.

I love love love my truck

• 10 months later...

Archived