SS and the Snow

SS_man_62

422 members have voted

1. 1. SS and the Snow

• yes, I will store my SS when the snow comes
    • No, It has AWD I will drive it year round!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

reading through this thread makes me miss the snow I just moved from and even sadder that my SS will never get to play in it. But then I remembered it was 30 degrees back home yesterday and it was 85 and sunny here... I can live w/o the snow

• 2 weeks later...

I drive mine year round! Living in Michigan, we get some nasty winters at times and the salt is horrible. My last truck started to get a rust bubble (which looked horrible on white!!!) so I sold it off before it the bubble was a 6" hole! I don't mind a few chips and what not, but I absolutely hate rust!

That said, the SS's are awesome because most of the rust prone areas are covered with the plastic cladding! IMO, this is the ultimate daily driver (other then fuel economy --- lol). I tow with it, carry stuff, go to the track, drive it year round, etc.

After having this truck (awd version), I don't think I'd ever want another 2wd.....

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Lol. I was actually just thinking about this thread. Im undecided about driving mine this winter. Ive heard rumors about forged internals and cold starts... Plus id hate for some idiot to slide into me at a stoplight. Our winters get pretty brutal up here. Maybe ill get a beater truck for winter. Just sucks cuz ill be driving that beater 8months out of the year. Lol!

Archived