Need help please, KB install

204Denali

I am not sure what year trucks have this but mine does and its a 04. On the passenger side valve cover, at the front part of the cover near the fan there is a metal tube on top. This tube connects to the intake right behind the throttle body. Anyway my Kenne Bell instructions say nothing about it. Now when you swap the valve covers you now have the tube on the drivers side next to the fire wall. What is everyone with KB's doing with this? I am assuming that it is a breather... I was just thinking of plugging the end on the manifold and adding a filter to the metal tube on the valve cover. Someone please help.

Looking at my service manuals, it looks to be the PCV hose. Maybe try to find some way to run a hose from it's new location, around to the throttle body. I'll call you later on today to see how it's going. Got in late last night.

Bill

The PCV system used to run from the driverside vavle cover near the firewall, to the top of the intake manifold. Now keep in mind i am talking about how everything was set up stock. Then on the passenger side you had a metal tube on the front of the vavle cover near the fan, the tube actually pointed twards the fan. A hose ran from this tube up to the very front of the intake manifold. Right behind the throttle body. Now because of the kenne bell everything is reversed. The kenne bell instructions talk about the pcv however nothing is mentioned about this tube going to the throttle body like i mentioned. As far as i can tell it is just some type of breather

204Denali

In my install manual on page 26 of 125 it shows the removal of the EGR. On page 42 & 43 of 125 if shows installing an adapter suppplied with the kit.

My 03 SS does NOT use an EGR so I did not change any of this.

Let me know if I can help in some other way.

CD

I am not worried about it right now.... Just discovered last nite that the kit that i have does not have the 90 degree metal elbow on it You know the one between the charger and the throttle body. My kit is designed to hook the throttle body right up to the charger. Well Ill have to find a way to get that elbow.. Damn.. I guess we will see what KB customer service is really like... :banghead:

Archived