GM Navigation and 6 CD Changer

yorgog

I am doing the install on an 04-05 navigation in my SSS. I got the head unit for mout of a trailblazer and the CD changer out of a Denali. I got it all working except I have to go to the dealer to turn off the Theftlock and I have to cut my lower console bezel to make the CD Changer fit. I got the non-luxury touch screen naivgation head unit. It works perfectly with our amplifiers. I got the navigation DVD and the navigation antenna. There is some wiring that has to be done to it. You have to tap into the VSS wire on your speedo and you have to put some terminals in the back of the Head unit to make the CD changer work. I will post some pictures when it is all done.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought most of the stuff off ebay with the exception of the harness for the CD changer and the terminal posts. I got those from gmpartsdirect.com.

Here are the part numbers you need:

CD Changer:15055250 or 15122617 (you need the ones with the metal tabs

harness:15312903

GPS antenna: 15135178

navigation Disk: 10390370

navigation touch sreen HU non Luxury: 10377287

Terminals: 12089649

Everything cost me about $1650. I have still not installed the changer but I have succesfully installed the navigation on the Truck. I had the theft lock turned off at the dealer today. it looks real clean.

Everything works just like the old stereo. All the steering wheel controls and the XM. As long as your truck is already XM equiped. I did have to tap into the VSS wire on the Speedometer so the speed sensitive volume works. I love it. All I need now it to hook up the in dash 6 cd changer. I am still waiting for the wireing harness from gmpartsdirect.

Everything works just like the old stereo. All the steering wheel controls and the XM. As long as your truck is already XM equiped. I did have to tap into the VSS wire on the Speedometer so the speed sensitive volume works. I love it. All I need now it to hook up the in dash 6 cd changer. I am still waiting for the wireing harness from gmpartsdirect.

Is the changer the "same unit" like the stock head units? Why would you need ANOTHER harness? :dunno: Can you play dvd's as well or no? I thought i saw a website that "modded" your nav hu to be able to play dvd's. Last ?...do you know which number it is??? 15055250 or 15122617?? thanks again.

Archived