GM Navigation and 6 CD Changer

yorgog

Everything works just like the old stereo. All the steering wheel controls and the XM. As long as your truck is already XM equiped. I did have to tap into the VSS wire on the Speedometer so the speed sensitive volume works. I love it. All I need now it to hook up the in dash 6 cd changer. I am still waiting for the wireing harness from gmpartsdirect.

Is the tap into the VSS for the speed sensative volume or does the GPS have dead reckoning? Did you tie into the reverse light circuit? Can a CD changer be mounted in the center console and connected, I have a DVD player in the large opening in the dash?

It is for the speed sensative volume and the gps does have dead reckoning. It will work without tapping into it but your volume stays at one level and the gps is a little unstable as far as telling you when to turn. It cant calculate the speed. I am thinking of putting a toggle switch so I can turn the VSS wire on and off so I can program the gps while I am driving. With the vss wire tapped in it wont let you set an address when you are going over like 10 mph. It will however let you set your home and 1 emergency number. The cd changer can be mounted wherever you want to put it as long as your wires are long enough

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK NOW I CAN SEE THE PICS .. I GUESS MY JOB BLOCKS THEM SOMEHOW ,  IAM HOME NOW SO I SEE ALL THE PICS  .. NICE SET UP YORGOG  :tear: , YOUR A VERY DETAILED MAN I SEE .  :thumbs:

HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR THE CHANGER ?

I paid $150 for the changer on ebay. Make sure though that you get the one with the metal tabs on it.

• 11 months later...
You definetly can add the GM changer in the center console. Same type connectors. I like having it in the dash. The lower dash bezel only cost $70 from the dealer so It wouldnt be that expensive to go back to stock

i now have the cd changer and the harness. my question is where does it hook up to /harness from cd changer to ? :dunno:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all!! Im new to the site and a proud owner of my new 03 Silverado SS and I want to get the Navigation set up also. I have found a Navigation unit on Ebay it is the non y91 y92 option style and the the GM part #is 10351123. I was wondering if this one will work for my truck. I also do not have the y91 or y92 but I do have the Bose system. Thanks so much Shane. p.s. this site is great and I hope to chat to all of you soon!!!

Archived