GM Navigation and 6 CD Changer

yorgog

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have a separate question, maybe you guys can help me out with this. i did this install (without the cd changer), and now my door chime is like ten times louder than before. i know you can disconnect the chime or wutever, but does anyone kno any other way to make the chime just back to normal? :confused:

i went to the dealership to get it unlocked, and the service manager couldnt really figure out how to quiet the chime. (and it is on normal setting, not loud setting)

any help would be great

by the way, did anyone else run into this problem?

the only amp i have is the one that runs to my subs, and i had that before the install, so i dunno.

also, i have been told that the chime usually comes from the tweeter, and i believe my chimie is coming out of the drivers side door speaker

i have a quick question, why didn't you go with the lux model and just get the lux amp to go with it and have an upgraded sound also? Ive been told this works just fine and it also gives you another rear channel off the lux amp.

• 1 month later...

I also have a question. What if I don't have a factory amp in my truck? I notice you need to get the right touchscreen depending on if your truck has the y91 or y92 option, so I obviously wouldn't want the "luxury" model. My truck also does not have factory XM radio.

Would I need any additional parts to get XM to work on the navigation unit? Do I have to pay any monthly fee for OnStar or anything like that for the navigation to work?

Lastly, I see 3 plugs on the back of the factory navigation unit. The largest is obviously for the power and speaker wires, the smaller is for XM I believe? and then there is a really small green plug, maybe 4 prong?

I also have a question. What if I don't have a factory amp in my truck? I notice you need to get the right touchscreen depending on if your truck has the y91 or y92 option, so I obviously wouldn't want the "luxury" model. My truck also does not have factory XM radio.

Would I need any additional parts to get XM to work on the navigation unit? Do I have to pay any monthly fee for OnStar or anything like that for the navigation to work?

Lastly, I see 3 plugs on the back of the factory navigation unit. The largest is obviously for the power and speaker wires, the smaller is for XM I believe? and then there is a really small green plug, maybe 4 prong?

You would need the NON-lux unit then. The XM is separate from the radio, but the nav radios are XM-capable. The small green plug is for the GPS antenna for the nav. You do not have to pay any fee for the nav, it uses GPS satellites.

Archived