New Corsa Sport installed

I bought the Corsa sport exhaust. Nice system, easy to install, sounds great, and you really only hear it when you accelerate. Cruising is nice and quiet no drone or resonance at all. I also got it for a great price $645 delivered to my door.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had the opportunity to ride in a vehicle with the Corsa "sport" system. They really are "drone & resonance free" inside the cab. 95% of my driving time is spent on the highway at about 2000 rpm and I can't stand interior noise on long trips. If I decide to change the factory exhaust, Corsa would be my choice.

I've been drooling over that system for a few months now. Just need to save the extra cash. In the mean time I just keep listening to those sound clips on their web site. It is exactly what I want my truck to sound like :driving:

I had the sport on my 5.3 truck... you can BARELY hear it on the highway, even when you roll into it to pass someone. (If you boot it, you'll hear it).

They really are very-very quiet on the inside.

-- at least that's my experience with the 5.3 motor.

To make the Install even easier lower the spare tire to the ground. Use alot of WD-40 on the exhuast hangers. I had one stock clamp that the Nut was on the top and I couldnt get at it so I cut the clap with a cutoff wheel. Other than that it was a breeze. Oh yes I forgot put the head pipe and tailpipe in the hangers and then put the muffler in just push it in the tailpipe and push backwards and it will drop in the head pipe and clamp it.

Then tighten it up and put on the tips and ENJOY.

i'm lovin it.... people tend not to notice you until you want them to.... which can be nice :devil:

try not to use wd-40... more or less "gm super lube" or equilivant.... a kid i know used wd-40 on his 2003 grand am / ram GT to loosen up the headlight adjustment screws... we drove to wendys down the street, we get our food and sit down, hes facing me, im facing the window (grand am parked in view) and i noticed his headlight kind of... sagging? moments later, i notice his grand am became a fire breathing dragon... headlight had melted to almost nothing and just giant flames shooting out of where the headlight used to be... i go "dude your car is on fire" hes like "quit f'n around and just eat"... i replied "im not kidding".... the car burnt to a crisp NOTHING..... fool used the insurance money to buy a freaking explorer.... what a tool! Anywho... bad wd-40 story....

I installed the CORSA sport cat-backs at the same time I had the K&N CAI and the Radix supercharger slapped on. With that kind of induction, the SS had a very sharp growl on acceleration (kind of like a racing boat--a little tinny) but was very subtle at idle and at cruising speeds.

NOW, I just had the Dynatech SuperMaxx long-tube headers put on along with a 2.9" pulley, and the SS has turned into a BEAST. Way too loud on acceleration, I would say. Dogs and young children within earshot scatter and/or crap their pants. It is really amazing! I think I am asking for too much attention from the blue-light crowd, however. The last thing I need is a built-in excuse to get pulled over.

So, I am trying to find out what it would take to convert the sport version to the touring version to settle things down. I have emailed CORSA but have not gotten a response yet. Anybody have an idea about this?

Michael

Archived