New Corsa Sport installed

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I installed the CORSA sport cat-backs at the same time I had the K&N CAI and the Radix supercharger slapped on.  With that kind of induction, the SS had a very sharp growl on acceleration (kind of like a racing boat--a little tinny) but was very subtle at idle and at cruising speeds.

NOW, I just had the Dynatech SuperMaxx long-tube headers put on along with a 2.9" pulley, and the SS has turned into a BEAST.  Way too loud on acceleration, I would say.  Dogs and young children within earshot scatter and/or crap their pants.  It is really amazing!  I think I am asking for too much attention from the blue-light crowd, however.  The last thing I need is a built-in excuse to get pulled over.

So, I am trying to find out what it would take to convert the sport version to the touring version to settle things down.  I have emailed CORSA but have not gotten a response yet.  Anybody have an idea about this?

Michael

I had the Corsa Touring system installed about two weeks ago. Jim Browning and Jeff Makovich at Corsa advised me, based on my goal of a subdued exhaust note except at WOT, to go with the Touring muffler. They felt that with the blower and even just shorty headers on my truck that the Sport would sound too aggressive.

I listened to both on 5.3 trucks and although the growl of the Sport was tempting, I am glad I went with the Touring. It is very quiet with no drone at cruise and only slightly deeper than stock at idle and part-throttle acceleration. At WOT there is still a definite roar which I really like. I am guessing that with longtubes you would not have a tame exhaust at all.

All you would need to convert is the touring muffler which I believe costs about 100 bux more when you buy the whole system. Corsa may be willing to let you just trade up and swap mufflers but you will have to check with them on that.

Good luck - Jeff L. :chevy:

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my corsa sport in the mail today (got it for 645 shipped as well!) and except for that bolt on top of the clamp it is going well...ill let you guys know how the rest of it went when im done...

anybody planning to go with headers probably shouldn't buy the sport version. it's quite loud with the headers. this is a good place for a touring, it's much quieter.

It's quite loud with the addition of the radix also.. I switched back to a flo-pro. My neighbor uses me starting my truck as his alarm clock....lol

You need to jack up the body from the rear hitch if you have one. How ever you do it, take safety precautions such as stands and front wheel choks.

I have Airlift air bags on my rear and I just pumped them up and never touched the spare.

alrighty well i ended up just cutting the f-in thing.... Welp guys, my new corsa sport is on and the only thing i can say is wow... is nice and loud at start up, and its idle is simply amazing... real quiet in the cab but nice and loud on the outside, just as they say.. i only got to drive it a little bit last night cause of the monsoon we were having here in NJ...im going to drive her around a lot today and check for leaks and see if theres any resonance in the cab on the parkway.. ill let you guys know but as of now this system is awesome!!

You will like it! Even ifyou dont see any leaks after using it check all the clamps and snug them all up. Some guys have lost there tips because they came loose. Its just like lug nuts drive alittle and check them.

Yea everything is tightened.... wow.. this exhaust is amazing.. loud as hell when the windows are down.. but when the windows are up it sounds only a little bit louder then stock.. and i mean loud outside.. i mean you can hear me from like 2 or 3 blocks away when i really step on it... my next mod is going to be shorty of mids headers.. anyone know if pace setter makes a pair of headers for our ride?

I installed the CORSA sport cat-backs at the same time I had the K&N CAI and the Radix supercharger slapped on.  With that kind of induction, the SS had a very sharp growl on acceleration (kind of like a racing boat--a little tinny) but was very subtle at idle and at cruising speeds.

NOW, I just had the Dynatech SuperMaxx long-tube headers put on along with a 2.9" pulley, and the SS has turned into a BEAST.  Way too loud on acceleration, I would say.  Dogs and young children within earshot scatter and/or crap their pants.  It is really amazing!  I think I am asking for too much attention from the blue-light crowd, however.  The last thing I need is a built-in excuse to get pulled over.

So, I am trying to find out what it would take to convert the sport version to the touring version to settle things down.  I have emailed CORSA but have not gotten a response yet.  Anybody have an idea about this?

Michael

what about a pair of resenators :dunno: might take a little of the bark and bite out of it. might be a cheep fix than the price of a touring muffler..

:seeya:

Alot of Chevy or GMC dealerships around the country have added larger wheels and corsa exhausts to new trucks on the lot. Check your surrounding area. That is how I heard one. I got a demo ride.

Archived