Is the STS the best performance per $

I've been on this forum for about a month now and I have been doing quite abit of reading on performance upgrades for my engine. After looking at the Radix and other superchargers I came across the STS and I found something quite interesting. I was going to do a Corsa Touring exhaust and then some LT headers before saving up for a Radix. But then I came across the STS system. The way I see it I can get similar entry-level performance with the STS system without spending the $2k on exhaust and headers. This would put me halfway there to the cost of my STS system. Would anyone like to offer their point of view on this particular idea?

Regards,

Dan :P

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would rather have the Radix personally. Thats a matter of opinion though. I see it as a easier bolt on that has provin to be as reliable as if it were put on by GM. You get what you pay for. n20 is still the best bang for the buck though.

Base radix kit vs base STS kit. What would I spend and what would I get?

Regards,

Dan

go procharger 4,200 and they make great power bryn at pcmforless tuned my truck and dynoed it and we did a camparison with the radix and procharger and vortex and procharger made more than all of them but the sts is suppose to be bad a@@

If you want to do one big, complete mod and be done it's hard to beat the Radix package.

If you want to do something now that you can further build on later to get to really BIG power levels the STS or a centrifugal blower will have more potential.

I think you'll be happy either way, although the STS may require a bit more work to get it installed and running. :)

STS vs Radix on bang for the buck? STS will give you more power in the long run, but as a basic "this is my only mod" kit? They are equivalent, IMO. Radix will be easier to bolt on and go (you can do it yourself in a weekend). STS could also be done yourself in the garage, but you need more that wrench turning skills (requires welding and cutting), and more patience.

You don't need a pump for stock application as long as you keep your boost down (8-9psi max, which is too much if you don't get meth or some kind of FMIC). Injectors are $400 and the tune is $500 from Allen + $3500 retail price for the STS kit (they can be had cheaper) = $4400 without shopping (also no upgrades).

For most people, the radix is the way to go. If you want to go stupid fast later, then go STS.

The STS has more "room to grow" if you are inclined to keep modding till the transmission blows out :D On the other hand, the Radix is easier to show off, just pop the hood and there it is, you don't have to have your friends crawl under the truck to admire it :D

Archived