Trailblazer SS Breaks Cover

Mervz

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like that alot!  In-fact, I'm planning to buy one for my wife after the truck is paid off.  I especially like that the color white is being offered.  It will be replacing her '96 Tahoe.  It will also be able to pull our big camper with that tow rating.  And it should get better mileage than the Tahoe w/5.7l.  It really looks like it will be a hoot to drive, too!  But, what does "Flangeless" wheels mean?

TP  :chevy:

I think flangeless wheels means there is no flange on the side of the wheel you see where wheel weights are usually placed to balance the tire. This will force the weights to be installed on the back side, out of sight where they should be.

I was very excited when I read early reports about the TB SS and I am feeling let down. I was really counting on the powertrain from the SSR, including the 6-speed. With only an auto trans (and still a 4spd auto), and only 6500lbs towing, I will keep my SSS.

...and how about this: "Available accessory front brake cooling package for optimized track performance." Do you think we will be seeing lots of the new TB SS on the roadcourses?

I like it a lot, but it definitely is not worth no 50K sticker price, if that is true. Does anyone have any info at all about the sticker price? I think if I were going to pay that much I would rather buy a corvette.

I don't really like the looks much at all.... but the overall package is nice.

I'm floored by two things. 2wd and the LS2 6.0.

I would have thought for sure it'd be a 5.3 with an autotrac... and maybe the AWD T-case.

I'm very jealous of the above two specs.

Wow the Trailblazer SS coming out with 391 hp the SSR with 390 the new Imapla SS with over 300 ( i think). Why couldnt they just keep ours at the original 395. Maybe chevy should be forced to reporgram everyones truck to the original hp it was intended to have. lol

i just wanna see how well it does a burnout now. :D  i'm kinda excited. i'll make sure we have one of them in stock asap.

They said production in Fall....when do you think that would be?

That would be a great excuse to fly back home to MI....visit friends/family, and pick up a new TBSS.

Archived