FLP L5 died again

I hope no one thinks I was suggesting anyone here has used steroids. I was only joking in suggesting that Canseco's 'diet' regimen might be an answer to Zippy's expressed need to gain some pounds.

Lot of weight you're tossing around, Beserker. No wonder you're a muscle truck maven!    :chevy:

LOL, it's cool. i've been told i look like arnold anyway with my huge pipes and all. :jester:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope no one thinks I was suggesting anyone here has used steroids. I was only joking in suggesting that Canseco's 'diet' regimen might be an answer to Zippy's expressed need to gain some pounds.

Lot of weight you're tossing around, Beserker. No wonder you're a muscle truck maven!    :chevy:

LOL, it's cool. i've been told i look like arnold anyway with my huge pipes and all. :jester:

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

I like your approach Erik. Sticking with the 65 insted of just ditching it right away. I myself would rather find the limit before giving up.

I agree. The 65 should save on weight and drivetrain loss if it can be got to work, not to mention the hassle of trying to adapt the AWD to the 80. And, with the kind of power Beserker is putting down, I do believe the AWD will come in handy.

Personally, nothing against anyone, I don't think even FLP can build a 65E that can hold Erik's power. All the pieces would have to be billet or titanium, and even then maybe questionable. I think the 80E/85E is the only thing that can withstand his level.

I see FLP is reading the post now. Maybe they can comment?

**Edit - I guess they declined to comment.

The problem with going 2wd is that I'd have to start in on the suspension... If I have to go that route, I'll end up spending another $5k or so to get the truck to hook.

I think if I have to drop the 65E I'll go the HD 4wd route unless Jon can get the shaft in time. Maybe Chuck can make me shaft if it comes to that...

an 8600 gvw truck would be the way to go. the HD has alot of parts to add weight that just aren't necessary. the standard 2500 could be made to look just like an SS except the 8 lug wheels.

Personally, nothing against anyone, I don't think even FLP can build a 65E that can hold Erik's power.  All the pieces would have to be billet or titanium, and even then maybe questionable.  I think the 80E/85E is the only thing that can withstand his level.

I see FLP is reading the post now.  Maybe they can comment?

**Edit - I guess they declined to comment.

No, It's not that I decline to comment, I actually wish I had the time to answer all your questions guys. But I'm in the middle of getting my new shop ready and finishing trans orders at FLP, So just bare with me for awhile until I get settled in and I'll be glad to chime in when I can. But first of all I would like to say that the challange I accepted with Eric's truck is without a doubt, not going to be easy and I new that going in and I explained that to Eric as well. But we both talked about it and decided that will find out what the 65 or the level 5 can handle with the h/p & t/q level that Eric has and the weight that it has to support, More importantly with AWD. I'm not ready to give up yet, and I will continue to work on making improvements as I learn from R&D what can be made stronger for these transmissions for this kind of power. Going to the 4L80 might be the answer when all said and done, I'm not going to argue that one at all. But until Eric and I decide to pull the plug were going to keep working and testing with the 65. Will keep everyone posted as we go ahead and keep learning.

Thanks,

Chuck

i can agree that it's excessive vehicles such as erik's that bring about better parts for everyone else. even for me who doesn't have access to a trans dyno and does considerably less rebuilds it's the customers that have the rediculous power setups that help you learn and force you to try new stuff that in the long run will probably turn out for the better. this more than likely will be nothing but a good thing. unfortunatly erik may get good at pulling transmissions before he's done. :jester:

Archived