gas pedal feel

mrrat1

Good day all, Seems that the gas pedal sure is touchy, what I mean is when cruising along if I go over uneven pavement seems the bouncing of the truck will make the revs fluctuate. It could be me but I have been trying to up the avg fuel economy (13) by coasting down grades and easing into the gas. Just using a light right foot altogether. Do we have throttle by wire or cable?/ I was going to try a heavier return spring. Any ideas thanks DaveK.

I have noticed something similar, when I shift from 1-2 at low speeds/acceleration, the slight kick from the shift can make my foot move a bit, causing a slight oscillation in my speed.

Problem goes away if you just keep the accelerator to the floor :jester:

I have noticed something similar, when I shift from 1-2 at low speeds/acceleration, the slight kick from the shift can make my foot move a bit, causing a slight oscillation in my speed. 

Problem goes away if you just keep the accelerator to the floor  :jester:

HAHA, this is true, but speeding tickets are even more expensive than recent gas prices. :banghead:

Problem goes away if you just keep the accelerator to the floor  :jester:

HAHA, this is true, but speeding tickets are even more expensive than recent gas prices. :banghead:

he's familier. :jester:

Funny this is brought up because I've noticed that a while back. Ever since I dropped my truck and added the rims with the lower profile, it has gone away pretty much. I figured all the bouncing which was making me fluctuate the gas pedal was caused by the wider sidewall and the suspension set up.

Lower profile tire + drop kit + turn down torsions= :thumbs:

Late- Alex

solved 90% of that problem by sticking most of my foot over the pedal and rest the side of your foot on the hump,, it seems to feel more like a cable. guess the friction from the rug helps,, took a little bit to get used to but it's better than the fluctuation

There is a little town I have to drive through regularly that has a 30MPH limit. The local PD there is very strict about tickets. I have noticed it is difficult to keep the SS at a steady 30MPH. Kinda like a caged animal ready to spring!

Archived