Open Letter to GM

SSSomeday

I thought of one more little thing I would want..... To have the windows go UP by themselves. Not just down. That drives me nuts I have to hold the button for the window to go up, but not down. Its the little things :D

I thought of one more little thing I would want..... To have the windows go UP by themselves.  Not just down.  That drives me nuts I have to hold the button for the window to go up, but not down.  Its the little things  :D

I think that's a safety feature. so you don't get you hand or something jammed when then window is going up. But I don't see why they couldn't make it to where if it felt pressure it would go back down, like garage doors. I don't see it happening, but who knows.

Other car companies have windows that go up with one touch as well as down. They have found a way to make them reverse if they detect an obstruction. It would cost GM a little bit of money so it may not happen anytime soon. A friends BMW M-coupe has this feature and the same supplier who makes it for BMW sells window systems to GM.

Other car companies have windows that go up with one touch as well as down. They have found a way to make them reverse if they detect an obstruction. It would cost GM a little bit of money so it may not happen anytime soon. A friends BMW M-coupe has this feature and the same supplier who makes it for BMW sells window systems to GM.

My friend's bottom line Golf has it. Why can't GM afford it? :banghead:

Nothing personal but I just don't see the need for it? Really what are we talking here 1-2 seconds? Try cranking your windows for awhile. :D

With all the people having trouble hitting the heated seats button ... I can just imagine how many would hit it reaching out the window for some drive through or something. hehe.

:crackup: You have a point there. My friends always burn there butts! :D Although I am pampered so I guess that is my reason. :D Thats why I bought the SS! I like technology making my life easier... or somewhat easier

Something I will never understand about GM is where they get the idea for marketing and how they decide what to include in what, and finally what to actually sell to the general public.

I never understood why they didn't offer the Duramax/ Allison combo in the Avalanche or the Suburban? I mean how many times do you see a family loaded to the brim in a full size SUV (like a Suburban or Avalanche) that is pulling something...I live in Michigan and I see it all the time.

It just seems like GM's Marketing is missing a whole group of people who work thre a** off for a living but at the same time like to play hard on the weekends! So offer REAL high performance vehicles. Put the 572 in a half ton truck and blow the SRT 10 out of the water. If they are worried about selling them, sell them as a limited series...I guarantee they'll go quick!

It's been mentioned before but the 6 speed manual is an option I'd like to see.

Also, how about a power lowering rear window like the old station wagons. This way the occassional long pieces of lumber or PVC pipe in the bed could extend into the cab rather than over the tailgate.

Still can't believe they included heated seats in my 05 but no light up visor mirrors (I've since installed a set from GM) :thumbs:

Archived