warrenty things

fast4popper

After 4000 miles of steering shaft clunk (28,000 miles total), we took our 2004 in for service. Based on the many posts on this site on the subject, I expected the 3 step dealer shuffle.

(1) Bring in for test drive and grease shaft.

(2) When temp grease fix soon wears off, bring in again for test drive and to order new intermediate steering shaft.

(3) Bring in truck 3rd time to replace ISS.

However, I was pleasantly suprised :chevy: . They replaced the ISS with 1 in stock within 4 hours :cool: ! John Jochem Chevrolet in Stuart Florida is starting to gain my respect back again after they ruined this poor SSS.

Truck feels tight again :driving: !

They claimed that they replaced the ISS with a re-designed unit. Is this true or can I expect this to clunk again just past my warranty period?

Thanks,

Rick R

I am about to go in to get them to replace the steering shaft, but I never touch the radio hardly since I have the steering wheel controls!! What a great feature!!

:withstupid: I had the steering shaft replaced in my SS and my 00 Silverado. GM needs to correct that problem!

I see T-84's on that impala!!! nice cars!

Thanks.

Yes, the German Export glass T-84 Headlamps are the only way to go for lighting on the Impala SS's. The only 2 things that I never liked about the car were the factory radio and the poor plastic headlamps. With a relay wiring harness and 2 high-watt H4 bulbs in the glass T-84s, what a difference!

Hey fastpopper,

did you ship my PAC converter yet?  I sent payment via paypal.

Thanks,

CHris

I hope you get this. I was called out of town on a family death this weekend, i just got back into town I will ship in the morning. sorry about the delay and please understand where I am coming from.

-C-

Archived