Corsa Exhaust

dros44

I was driving on the Nj turnpike today with my gf to see her grandmother. And either on the turnpike or when we got to her grandmothers the tips either fell off or someone stole them. Kind of mad about this I hope that Corsa has some kind of warranty.

Seems weird they clamp on pretty tight had to pull really hard and wiggle it even with the clamp removed to get mine off. But always should check tightness after a day or so just like lugnuts. Good luck

No way--mine blew off about a week and a half ago. Just cruising at 50 mph or so; heard kind of a "cough" (not quite a backfire) and checked the rearview mirror--nothing.

Immediately had the check engine light come on and the thing ran like a pig. With the CAI, Radix, and headers, it couldn't exhale enough. Thankfully, the speed shop that installed it covered their work and replaced it for free. It is securely WELDED this time, though.

We should let CORSA know about this problem. I thought mine was just a fluke.

Michael

Well i had mine "professionaly" done. I guess im gonan have to talk to the guy at the shop and see if he messed it up. And no i dont thinkit was wlded on. Hopefully they will replace it with the warranty. Im gonna call the company sometime this week. But yeah the 200 will suck to replace that.

:confused:

No way--mine blew off about a week and a half ago.  Just cruising at 50 mph or so; heard kind of a "cough" (not quite a backfire) and checked the rearview mirror--nothing.

Immediately had the check engine light come on and the thing ran like a pig.  With the CAI, Radix, and headers, it couldn't exhale enough.  Thankfully, the speed shop that installed it covered their work and replaced it for free.  It is securely WELDED this time, though.

We should let CORSA know about this problem.  I thought mine was just a fluke.

Michael

do just the exhaust tips really have that much to do with proper flow of exhaust?? :confused::confused:

i dont have any tips, mine are basically halfway dumped, and arent visible at all. i ddint think tips did anything, except in the looks department.

????????

No way--mine blew off about a week and a half ago.  Just cruising at 50 mph or so; heard kind of a "cough" (not quite a backfire) and checked the rearview mirror--nothing.

Immediately had the check engine light come on and the thing ran like a pig.  With the CAI, Radix, and headers, it couldn't exhale enough.  Thankfully, the speed shop that installed it covered their work and replaced it for free.  It is securely WELDED this time, though.

Michael

Let me get this straight are you saying because the tips came off you engine coudnt breath right. Never heard of that it should breath better without tips. I'd say when you had the Cough the extra pressure blew the tips OFF and the engine sensors gave you the check engine and ruff running. Or is that what you meant

I even went and checked mine again and they dont even budge. Are these professioal putting the clamps on tight enough???

No my truck runs just fine. I think the tips are just for looks but like it was said before i think they are close to 200 dollars. And idk if the profesional tightened them enough I guess I assumed he did and never bothered to check. Im def getting them welded on this time though.

Michael

jeff had the corsa sport on his 427 in his SS. his never "blew" off and i'm guessing he was putting down a bit more power than a stock SS. bob also has the corsa sport and is running a radix with a smaller pulley and long tubes along with allens tune and a couple other mods. his didn't blow off. i've installed a few corsa systems myself and i'll tell you that if you had them fall off it was simply because they weren't on there tight enough. if you buy another set tighten the tips down and have someone put a small tack weld where it can't be seen to make sure it doesn't come off.

I wouldn't have thought the tips mattered either. All I know is that within 30 seconds of when I thought I lost the tip the check engine light was on and the trruck ran like crap.

The dual tip essentially doubles the amount of area through which the exhaust is released. Wouldn't this have an effect on backflow?

Michael

Archived