Another stupid question

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben, I don't think so and I used to be a professional advertising photographer. You can make any vehicle look better or worse just by the lighting, angle to the light source etc. It looks better than the carnauba wax I stripped off. It's supposed to last a long time (which has been documented by testers). All waxes make that claim but it doesn't happen in real life.

It has not been out of the garage since I waxed it as I had a lot of paperwork to do yesterday and did not leave the house (I work out of my home). I have some appointments this morning. I'll take another look in the sun and post snaps if I think the difference will show.

Ben, Got back from running some of my errands an hour ago. There is a big difference between Zaino and reg. waxes when you see the vehicle in the sun. It looks REAL wet. Sitting in the cab driving down the street the front hood looks like wet glass. Very cool. Definitely worth the effort to wax it two or three times. Esp. since you probably won't have to do that again if you maintain the wax on a regular basis with the Z-6 enhancer. As far as showing up in a picture? I don't know, buddy. I loaned my digital camera to my brother for a couple of weeks while he takes a trip so I have no way to shoot it and compare. Sorry.

Oh, one thing I also noticed right away is that my gas milage went from 13 to 15 and is still going up. Damn that wax is slippery!!! :jester::cool::devil:

Oh, one thing I also noticed right away is that my gas milage went from 13 to 15 and is still going up. Damn that wax is slippery!!! :jester::cool::devil:

WOW - that is slippery! :jester:

I think you guys have sold me on this stuff.

Well, finally made the jump. Just ordered my Zaino juice, ordered the kit they offer. Need the clay bar and Z-5 for my wife's Trailblazer. I think I'll wait until after I use before I post any pictures of my truck. Now that I finally got that posting thing figured out.

Just finished waxing the SS :thumbs: Wish it would look like this all the time. :D I know I am in the minority as I used Meguiars Medallion Premium Paint Protection. I have used this in the past and have been pleased with the results. Goes on and off easy. Only downside is can't get it on rubber or vinyl or white residue will show unless you wipe it right off. :crazy: I understand KLASSE, made by a German Chemist, doesn't leave residue and protects about 6 months. Anybody used KLASSE??? If so holler back back and tell me what you think about KLASSE :thumbs:

well i just got my zaino kit 100$ for an 8 ounce bottle of wax,polish,wash,quik detail,and some clay come on guys you mean to tell me this stuff is going to out perform pinnacle blackfire p21s ibiz griot or pro. meguiars plus they want you to do like 3 coats of each and you have to mix it in a bottle with some drops and if you let the bottle sit more than 12 hours its spoiled i think i will send mine back and buy one of the waxes i listed above no i havent tried zaino but i dont think i want to spend the time to. and i have waxed every car i have ever owned and i have had a brand new car every year since i was 16 so i am very meticulous

You paid $100 for the stuff and aren't even going to try it? :crazy:

If you've had a brand new car every year then why bother to polish at all? :jester:

Pinnacle is just plain overpriced & overhyped - you are buying a name more than anything else.

Blackfire (I have not tried 2nd version which I hear is much improved) is pretty good stuff but doesn't last very long. I have heard the 2nd version is supposed to last longer & buffs off better. But I've also heard it is streaky on dark paint. Haven't tried #2 yet.

P21s - if you like this then you need to use S100 which is the same thing but cheaper.

Griot - some good speciality stuff but nothing that stands out - also overpriced.

Meguiars has some good special purpose stuff but I wouldn't use their polish especially not on black paint.

Damn creaker, you're like the vault of knowledge for waxing stuff. Have you used all of this, or do you detail cars for a living?

With all of that knowledge you believe Zaino is the best? Or, some other choice?

-Ben

Just finished up the last touches of waxing with Zaino. I started out by washing with Dawn twice. I used their clay along with a squirt bottle of water and some Zaino car wash for the lubricant, after the Dawn. This worked extremely well in getting off all the road grime, mainly in the kickup areas from the tires, and the bumper with any leftover bug guts. I did this the day before I planned to wax.

The next day, today, I washed once more with the Zaino car wash. After I dried off good and let set in the sun for a while, I wheeled into the garage. Before I moved into the garage, I started putting some wax on one of the fenders and it really looked as if it wasn't going on because the sun was so bright I couldn't tell. Once in the garage I could now see the strokes that were very difficult to see under bright conditions. This kept me from trying to apply more wax than needed. The wax went on very smooth and came off very easy. It was just very hard to get through the entire routine three times, including the Z6 polish enhancer after each coat.

I mixed two bottles with an ounce and half in each one and decided not to mix three, yet. Luckily I didn't, turns out I only needed those two to complete the job. The mixture of the Z2 and ZFX is only good for 12 hours. So overall, I used three ounces. That's just about what they say I should have used.

I would love to see it in the bright sun, but it's still raining here. Plan to get some pics posted, don't know that you'll be able to notice the gleam it has though.

Lee - lost a few pounds like I predicted, but no cardiac arrest.

Thanks to all that posted info that influenced me to buy. Great product.

-Ben

Whew, thank God. I was worried about you, Ben. Glad you got at least two coats on. Wait until the sun comes back out and you can check that baby in the sun. And, just think, you only have to do multiple coats the first time. As long as you don't use soap to wash it and keep up with the Z6, from here on out it's just one coat every 6 months or so. :thumbs:

Let's go get a cold one. I need an excuse to drive someplace. ;)

Archived