2006 ss

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The AWD was one of the biggest selling features for me. We simply get too much snow here for me to risk a 2wd model.

My opinion, its a mistake not to offer AWD as an option.

:withstupid: I rather have the AWD. Darn snow...u never know when you might get stuck!

I love the AWD and I love the truck so much I cant think of anyother vehicle I would rather have that would meet all my needs. (traction, sport, power, towing and interior room). I think when they change over to the domed hood it is going to take a lot from sleakness. I do not like the domed hood on the HD.

JOSH

It said the early SS's, came standard with the LT package, leather, etc. etc. and onstar and now it is an option. I dont have onstar in my SS and its an 03 so is that a misprint or something that it was standard or am I reading it all wrong? Was onstar in every 03 SS?

"Was onstar in every 03 SS?"

NO, It was an option

CD

The truck is built in Oshawa Ontario Canada, so he problably picked up all the info there.

OnStar was and is Standard equipment on All Canadian sold SS's, reason why mine listed at 54K Canadian.

They did not sell well at all here in the north, but I am seing a lot of the :puke: F-250 Harley trucks.

Talk of one Uggggly truck

I'll keep the AWD-we get enough snow here in indiana to justify the AWD-we looked at the 2wd ones last week,both we saw were minimum option units-looked like soon to be Enterprise rentals.

I hope they don't disgrace the SS name with some POS or an ALL SHOW-NO GO truck(remember 1990-91?)

i believe the SS is going to 2wd because of warrenty costs and cafe standards. with the right tires on an SS the awd system is just excessive. i've driven the standard silverado's around in alot of snow with no problem. this past winter i was out on days that some of the roads were being closed due to snow falling faster than the plows could get to it. most idiots drove right in the middle of the road at around 25mph (on the highway). i drove my van all winter with it being 2wd and an even worse open diff. even on the days i drove when the snow was 4-6 inches on the highway itself i passed about every 4wd i ran accross. most buyers of SS's never even see snow or see less than 6 inches at a time all year. it's pretty excessive to drive a 5500lb truck around in awd form. even the lighter VHO doesn't spin the tires unless you're trying.

Archived