AWD or SuperCharger?

ctrow

165 members have voted

1. 1. AWD or SuperCharger?

• AWD and N/A
    • 2WD and S/C

Assuming that the cost would be the same, would you rather have the SS come from the factory with AWD /naturally aspirated OR 2WD/supercharged?

It's a tough call for me, I would like both but that would have probably added another $5-6K to the already $40K. On one hand after having the AWD, I really like it. I don't have to worry about replacing the tires early due to some 'fun'.

The other side is having 2WD and mabye a 425HP S/C 6.0L from the factory. Plus going on a diet a little by losing the weight of the transfer case. This would make it even more fun and no doubt even the playing fields a little bit.

If I had the choice(Chevrolet are you listening?), I would probably do the 2WD with a S/C. JMHO.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it should have came s/c or at least with the 395 hp version of the 6.0 liter. The awd could have been a GM option to add...or just offer two models with the s/c, one 2wd and an awd. Just my thought.

I still love my truck though. :crazy:

supercharger, no need for awd. i live in michigan and still have no use for 4wd/awd unless i'm going off road. the majority of ss's sold are in states with little (less than 6 inches at at time) or no snow and awd is just added weight. what seperates the lightning from the ss isn't the awd. as for the used for sale thing, quite a few lightnings out there, not many ss's.

Why anyone would EVER purchase a 2WD pickup is beyond me. One of the big advantages of a pickup is 4WD. If you want 2WD, buy a sports car. If you are worried about the fuel economy hit, you shouldn't be buying a pickup anyhow.

....stumbles off mumbling something about 4WD should be standard on all trucks.....

Archived