People with sift kits

I had a question to those who have installed a shift kit on their trucks....

Do you like it, and have you had any problems with it..

Im thinking about purchasing one tomorrow (zippy kit) and i have read mix feelings, will somone please give me an opinion on wether it is a good investment or not..

Thanks for the help...

~Steven

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a great thing to buy. With a shift kit you can take all your tq management out.

If I were you I would call Joe up from jag performance and buy his shift kit. The kit that he sells has more parts to it. Not that the zippy kit is bad, it is better then nothing but it is just not as good of a kit, it is lacing some parts. If you want the most for your money call Joe up and he will be more then happy to help you.

How do you figure its lacking parts and its less of a kit? Are you a trans builder now? How many have you done? Please refrain from making such statements. I have installed both types in many vehicles (and SS's...lots of SS's) and will not even state my opion on which is better. I will just say that what you said is not valid in any way shape or form. BTW nothing agianst Joe. He is a professional trans builder and knows his stuff.

:withstupid:

The Zippy kit would be comparible if not better than anything else out there.

Back to the original question:

A shift kit is an awesome mod and you definitely want to do the billet servos at the same time. It'll seem a little excessive at first, but once you get that first neck snapping shift at WOT you'll be hooked. Of the mods I've done so far I think the shift kit and servos has been my favorite and 10k miles since w/ no problems at all. :driving:

hey don't start in on me I do know what I am talking about I have seen Joe do a install and he showed me what would come in each kit. So there for I do know what the difference is and I do know what I am talking about. The kit that Joe sells does come with more parts.

So next time before you decide to pick on someone make sure you have all the facts

:excl:

more parts = better??? :confused:

that logic seems a little retarded to me :wtf:

you "watched" him install it... and he "showed you" what should come in a kit... sorry... but that doesn't make you all that qualified to shoot down another type of kit and hype a different one.

From what I understand Jag does some great work and I'm sure they know their stuff... but just b/c their kit has more parts doesn't mean its in anyway better.

Zippy and Joe sell a similar kit. They both sell a trans-go kit. But there is two different types of trans-go kits out there and they both sell a different one. The kit that Joe sells is a more complete kit and therefore it is a better kit in my opinion. How about you guys just call Joe up and ask him to tell you the difference. Joe is a very experienced mechanic, and he will be the only guy that I will have work on my tranny. I have seen him at work and he is definitely one of the best at what he does.

Now, now children!!!!

The B & M shift kit is better than all of those other ones!  :crackup:

Late-  Alex----------->  :pop:

geez... this guy gets a sunroof and suddenly hes a trans expert too? :jester:

just kidding alex... do you have the B & M kit?

No, I do not have a B & M shift kit, it was a joke there Mr. DVK! :D

Hell, yesterday I was wondering why my truck was running at 3k going about 40-45mph. Then I figured it out, I was in "3" instead of "D", DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dunno:

Trans expert, YA RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Late- Alex

Zippy and Joe sell a similar kit. They both sell a trans-go kit. But there is two different types of trans-go kits out there and they both sell a different one. The kit that Joe sells is a more complete kit and therefore it is a better kit in my opinion. How about you guys just call Joe up and ask him to tell you the difference.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! WRONG!!!

Zippy sells the Superior shift kit. :smash:

Gee... you sure know your stuff. :crackup:

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! WRONG!!!

Zippy sells the Superior shift kit.  :smash:

So since Zippy sells the Superior kit, that makes his kit Superior by far correct???

That was such a cheesy statement!!!!

DING, DING, DING------------------------> We have a winner!!!!!!! :cheers:

Late- Alex

Also trans-go has made modifications to there kits because of Joe, he has found ways to improve there kit and then trans go has taken Joes modifications and put them into there kits.

LOL wow!! do you know with out asking him what was done with your accumulator piston?

Archived