People with sift kits

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so i agree that everyone is intitled to their own opinion! Trust me i will be the first one to layed down a controversial opinion! But the fact remains you dont come on here and tell someone that is looking for answers that one kit is better than another because that is what you were told! When you havent even seen or felt the effects of the other guys kit except what the competition told you@ That is called "hearsay" and not admicable in court! Dont get me wrong i dont know either but after reading this thread i am more inclined to buy Zippy's kit for the shear reason that you soured my taste for JAG by the comments you made! Opinions are fine but you were stating facts you had no evidence to back up other than what you were told!

i caught this after spending most of the night working with tj tuning an SS with a radix and working on a trans in a tahoe. this same tahoe last year went 13's and was street raced through most of the summer along with many burnouts. the trans is also completley stock internally with the exception of the zippy kit and yas yet to fail. the blower is back off it but it's still used for track duty on a regular basis. i'm not trying to start a pissing match. joe and i get along great and i also know he has good luck with his product. to say my kit is "incomplete" is bs.

O.K. Boys.......there is only one way to settle this and this is what I propose:

Zippy and Joe are to don gold G-strings and battle this out in a pool of mud. (At least I'll enjoy it!)

On the serious side,

I think that there are enough trucks from this site running with the TransGo kit and Superior kit to show that both are benificial and are a great performance mod for your trucks. Of course there are going to be differences of opinions on which is better, and since you boys are suppose to be adults, you need to respect each others views. Challenging each other's intelligence only causes numerous paged threads that eventually have to be shut down.

Sheri

I think that there are enough trucks from this site running with the TransGo kit and Superior kit to show that both are benificial and are a great performance mod for your trucks.

Sheri

Exactly right! People who have run BOTH kits have also had problems as well. Some minor, some major. I think it would be way too difficult to "verify" proof that one is better than the other. For one, how long a tranny lives or whether it has problems or not has way too much to do with how it was driven. Kind of like a clutch and how they last with the constant abuse they get.

The Transgo kit has more parts, true. Doesn't mean it's better, necessarily. Personally, I only used it because Finish-line Performance (FLP), one of the premier tranny builders in the 4L60 world, uses it and recommended it. Otherwise, I may have been running a Superior kit. At the time I chose, I only knew I didn't want a B&M and Zippy or JAG wasn't offering either through the site.

Also, a cracked accum piston problem for either kit is kinda a moot point when it usually gets replaced when either kit gets installed - at least I hope that is the case. FWIW, the local builder here that did my work, had a small box of 20 or so that were cracked. They were all completely stock trannys.

Both kits are great kits.

i totally agree... more parts = more performance (need a slanted eyebrow "wha?" sarcastic smile for this one), its not like either way i dropped several tenths off the quarter, to each is own - stick with the question at hand, answer honestly and least favorably as possib. - give an opinion not an opinion with a side of "bash"

- Zip thanks again for the kit, along with the converter - jus yesterday i ate a vette & two lightenings.... (belly rub smiley face = yum)

I had a question to those who have installed a shift kit on their trucks....

Do you like it, and have you had any problems with it..

Im thinking about purchasing one tomorrow (zippy kit) and i have read mix feelings, will somone please give me an opinion on wether it is a good investment or not..

Thanks for the help...

~Steven

to answer your original question...

i love my zippy shift kit. best $$ spent yet. definatly a good investment. if you know you are going to keep modding, go ahead and get one.

if you get a zippy shift kit, you wont be dissapointed with the shift results.

its fun :jester:

On the serious side,

I think that there are enough trucks from this site running with the TransGo kit and Superior kit to show that both are benificial and are a great performance mod for your trucks. Of course there are going to be differences of opinions on which is better, and since you boys are suppose to be adults, you need to respect each others views. Challenging each other's intelligence only causes numerous paged threads that eventually have to be shut down.

Sheri

Thanks for stepping in here Sheri. I haven't had any dealings with Joe, mainly because of geographical limitations, but I know that everyone that has is very happy with the work and I don't think anyone here is disputing that he knows his stuff. I just don't like to hear someone spouting off recommendations like their the gospel without having the SLIGHTEST clue what the other kit consists of. I know we can all agree that the guy who started this thread needs to get a shift kit. Its a great mod and either one of the choices is going to put a big smile on his face. :D

I like my Transgo so far. I was going to go with the Superior Kit (Zippy) and my trans guy (who builds NHRA Stock Eliminater Trany's, so I trust his judgement) told me I'd be happier at the track with the Transgo. I don't know anything about tranny's so I did what I was told. As for which ones better, I don't know and I don't care...It's a matter of opinion! I do know that the Transgo is not compatible with Billet Servo's which is where most of the umph in the shift comes from. Correct Zippy?

Archived