People with sift kits

I'm not trying to knock Joe's setup or Transgo, but "more parts" and uneducated opinions from a customer aren't really the basis for saying that his kit is better than the Superior.

Joe is a respected member here and he knows his stuff, but after doing my research there were too many issues w/ the Transgo kit to waste my $$$ on it.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have seen a hand full

And i have talked to a lot of tranny guys and i know for a fact that joe is one of the best guys that i know of  to do tranny work

No one is disputing Joes work or knowledge... what we are disputing is the claim that the Transgo kit is better because it has more parts... that doesn't make sense. Would you choose a supercharger on how many parts it took to make it work??? How about a stereo... if it takes more parts to make it work is it better than an all in one unit???

i have seen a hand full

And i have talked to a lot of tranny guys and i know for a fact that joe is one of the best guys that i know of  to do tranny work

Can you do a complete rebuild on a trans and know the names of the parts and what function they serve?

I am not saying that more parts is better what I am saying is that the kit replaces more parts with better parts. It is like would you take a motor out of a 2 stroke motorcycle for you truck or would you like a 427

Also it does not matter if I can or cannot do a complete rebuild of a transmission. It does not take a rocket scientist to know when something with more reinforced parts is better and less likely to brake.

Ok but you can spend thousands on parts alone for a trans but if you don't know how all the parts work and what one part causes another part to do you could easily buy all the best baddest parts out there but if they don't correctly work together the trans will not last. Having said this you must learn a thing or two by doing more than just watching someone install a shift kit or two.

do tell, i'd like to know what's in his kit compared to mine that makes it that much better? i'd really like to hear this. what parts it is? the chp truck has over 200 dragstrip passes on it with a stock trans and currently runs 12's. it also is driven hard and has had quite a few street encounters without a failure. i'd like to know what these parts are. as for the accumulator piston, using the superior kit i've never had one yet crack or break the plastic one. if my kit shifts harder and doesn't break the plastic piston, that just can't be a good thing? i'm not on here trying to sell my stuff, but to hear someone knock on it without backing it up other than having seen his put in is bs.

Archived