What mods next?

6.0ss

Went to track on Saturday first time ever, it was lots of fun, 60 degrees no wind, 600 ft elevation.

Mods are Radix, 2.9 pully, Nelson Tune. LT headers and Corsa Sport with Shiftkit and large charge cooler.

rt .466 .047 .350

60ft 2.027 2.029 1.975

330 5.731 5.709 5.654

1/8 8.835 8.785 8.727

1/4 13.879 13.782 13.706

mph 96.55 97.44 97.60

the last 2 times were with the heat blasting, long staging lines! :mad:

But I was really hoping for some 13.5's or 13.4's or is this common for these mods?

how much do E fans help? how bout a CAM?

I Am thinking a Cam and Heads, But NOS and E fans would be much cheaper!! Either way, I am going to need a built transmission!!???

That pulley with your mods should net a high 12 to a low 13 with the right trans work and converter. Also a check might be in order for afr and timing. As a cookie cutter tune will not do as well on a custom tune. You could be lean or rich or might not have enough timing in the right areas to make it go down the track in the time it should. Infinus went 13.53 with a 3.3" pulley and a stock exhuast. With a Zippy shift kit and a trailblazer converter. Also a custom tune from Zippy. Just goes to show how fast they can go with so little.

1.)The 60ft is really bad and you need a converter.

2.)the mph is weak and shows that its in need of tuning,

3.)I would reccomend tr6's and MSD plug wires with that pulley.

4.)Efans would help a little.

next mod i'd recomend looking into is a converter. with your 2.9 pulley i'd have guessed your 60' times should have been much better. tuning could certainly be improved judging by your numbers. i agree with tj that you may want to check your a/f and check for KR*. no matter how good the tuner is it's difficult for him to get the most out of what you're going for on the first or second shot. the 03' that just left the shop saturday had a radix, 2.8 pulley, vigilante converter, zippy kit, corsa exhaust, 160 stat, wires, and zippy tune. that truck is so much faster than the 04' that ran the 13.5 that we'd have had to bracket race them to make it a close race. my opinion is that if you put a better converter in there as a starting point that would get you something for sure. wires would also be a nice cheap improvement. i wouldn't bother messing with the pcm again until after you make a couple changes though since you need to alter the settings for just about every every mod made. fixing the pcm alone right now isn't going to get you where you want to be. anyone that has driven a radix truck with a good converter can tell you that it's a launch that makes ya feel more manly. :D

1.)The 60ft is really bad and you need a converter.

2.)the mph is weak and shows that its in need of tuning,

3.)I would reccomend tr6's and MSD plug wires with that pulley.

4.)Efans would help a little.

Thanks for the info.

What are the TR6's??

The truck felt stronger before the Long Tubes and Cat back with the 2.9 radix, then the headers went on and it feels weaker. Allen said he tuned for this exact set up!, Maybe it is a bad tune. I was hoping for a 13.3 or better.

My zippy tune has me running 13.5 with just the radix, 3.3, zippy shift, and tb torque convertor. Running 160 tstat and the tr6 plugs. I think its running even faster now too.... zippy's last flash added another degree of timing, with no KR, and I only got to run it once with even warmer air and a FULL tank of gas, it almost broke 13.5 with that (13.63 I think it was).

If all else fails take it to zippy and tj. They know what they are doing, I'm proof of that!

:driving:

Archived