tranny not cooked

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea i've got the transgo, but they thought i already had a metal accumulator so they didnt send me one with the kit, but after i talked to joe at jagperformace, he sent one right out, i just didnt put it in soon enough i guess.

Funny never once had ONE problem with a plastic accumaltor and a Zippy kit.

Are you saying that you guys don't replace this piece when you install one of your kits?

Transgo may cause this. It does add washers to put in the accumulator. I think it's just a weak piece, destined to break if the tranny is pushed.

Like I posted before, my local tranny shop had a small box of these things all from stock trannys that had some kind of cracking issue. My slightly cracked one was the first to have any kind of shift kit. He had around 20, or so, I think. Sounds like it is more from the weakness of the plastic, than a flaw in any particular kit. Just going by what he said and showed me.

Not trying to defend the product we sell, or start up any trouble like the last thread on this subject, but we've built trannies WITHOUT any shift kit that the plastic accumulator was cracked. It's more of a "GM not wanting to go the extra step to put a metal one in from the start" problem.

Now let's all behave before somebody tries to marry Joe off again!

I didn't replace my accumulator and the plastic one was still perfect last time I checked it... and that was after 10k miles w/ the superior kit and billet servos in place. :driving:

.... but then again my kit didn't come w/ more parts :crazy:

Funny never once had ONE problem with a plastic accumaltor and a Zippy kit.

Are you saying that you guys don't replace this piece when you install one of your kits?

Transgo may cause this. It does add washers to put in the accumulator. I think it's just a weak piece, destined to break if the tranny is pushed.

Like I posted before, my local tranny shop had a small box of these things all from stock trannys that had some kind of cracking issue. My slightly cracked one was the first to have any kind of shift kit. He had around 20, or so, I think. Sounds like it is more from the weakness of the plastic, than a flaw in any particular kit. Just going by what he said and showed me.

It's those hardware store washers that transgo has you stuff under the accumulator!

Archived