Wester Progammer Chip - Griup Buy

SSS

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I would say 20 minutes is a long time. All there is to do is disconnect the battery, remove the plastic cover, unsnap the clip holding the PCM, undo the two bolts holding in the harness and do the reverse to put it back together.

Very simple. It's definitely running better and I can feel a difference in performance. I am going to send back the original and have a few more adjustments made. It's not kicking down gears like I want when it's floored. Lydon says he can do some adjusting. I just have to do some testing for him to get him some numbers when it will and won't kick down.

A little, some, a lot , substantial amount?

That's my boy. You ain't gonna get past Ben, ct. Might as well just fess up now and save yourself while there's still time. :D

A little, some, a lot , substantial amount?

That's my boy. You ain't gonna get past Ben, ct. Might as well just fess up now and save yourself while there's still time. :D

I need the 411! :P

As of right now, the performance boost is 'some'. First of all IMHO, the throttle by wire sucks. I got better throttle response and feel from a cable. Granted that's no fault to the PCM though.

Once I get my kick down issue resolved, I will be satisified with the results.

The answer you are looking for is, "Yes buy one, it's a good product. You will see a improvement in power, and shift firmness." I can't comment on mileage because I'm a lead foot. I'll just have to live with 288 miles per tank.

There's no way I'm going to say "a lot" when it's only adding 30-40 horses. Now if you're adding a supercharger or N2O, then I would say a lot. However, I can feel it pull a little harder mainly in the lower RPM range.

The ONLY complaint I have with the mod is the kick down from the transmission and Lyndon is going to adjust for that. After that, I'll be pleased with the results. :thumbs:

I told you I was going to be honest with you guys, didn't I?

There's no way I'm going to say "a lot" when it's only adding 30-40 horses.

Personally - I think 30-40hp is pretty substantial for a performance mod that only cost $600 and took 20 minutes to install. Most quick inexpensive add-ons you're lucky to get 10. Nearly everything I did to my last truck "supposedly" added 10-15 every time. For something to add that much, you can't beat it.

I think you have to be very in tune with the way your truck feels to detect only a 10hp jump. With my last truck it was after I had done a number of things, exhaust , headers, hypertech, lower pulleys, etc...etc.. that you started to "feel" it.

I guess the only question I have now is, if I told you that what you had done just gave you 30hp, based on the way the truck performs now, would you debate what I said? I'll leave you alone after that. If the PCM is still going through it's break-in, then wait until that is over before you answer. Thanks.

Honestly, it's getting better and better everyday. Part throttle is stronger, it revs longer. I think the break in is pretty well over with.

Once I get my shift points corrected, I will be totally satisfied with the mod. BenKey, you need to buy one. It is worth the $$. :D

Talked to my dad's friend today and going to try to set up a race with his Red SS tomorrow or Sunday.

Told him about the group buy maybe. I'll let him try mine out to see what he thinks.

Also told him about the site. I'll see if I can't get him to write about what he thinks about it(the new PCM). He's mainly wanting better gas mileage.

The more the we have the better discount we should all get. Welcome to the site slimsoftball. Any other newbie's out there wanna get in on this??

Im very interested, let us know on the group buy!

Im out.

JUST ORDERED ONE :D !!!, well actually 4, ;)

1 avalanch (sp) :wtf:

1 8L 2500 HD :)

1 5.3L Magnacharged silverado :cool:

1 SS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

He gave us (my cousin and I ) a great deal!! :thumbs:

Very nice person to talk to! :thumbs::thumbs:

I will keep you informed with some updated 1/4 mile G tech times when I get it installed and broke in.

Archived