mine won't fit in my garage!

pestep

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To park perfectly every time, get your vehicle exactly where you want it in the garage. Then screw a drywall screw into a tennis ball and hang it from the ceiling with fishing line, centering it side to side using the steering wheel as a guide. Adjust the ball height to match your eye level view.

Next time you pull in the garage, just center up on the tennis ball and drive up until the windshield just kisses the ball. Perfect park every time!

ss_tennis.jpg

Great idea!!! :cheers:

:uhoh: Congrtats on your new SS. I know how you feel. I had to re-arange my garage and as it is I have like 10" to spair in the front and the back. I put a backup system in and that helps. I back in and note that you need to be carful that you go in straight. Good luck making it fit. Let us know if you get it in.

My garage is too small to back straight into also.. by about 2"...I have to angle it in right now...one of these days I will cut out the 2x4's and box out a section for my rear bumper.... then I will be able to get both of my trucks in the garage. :D ...just another project... :P tmc

• 2 weeks later...
Just picked up my SS yesterday (man, I love this truck). Got it home, and discovered it won't fit in my garage! (Actually, if I touch the back wall, I could just barely close the garage door.

I think I'm going to do some surgery on the back wall of the garage to make a nook for the bumper to fit it. That will get me about an extra 6" (no pun intended:)

Patrick

p.s. did I mention I love this truck!

Me too im about a foot to long guess i need a new house now.

Gary

Welcome Patrick,

I haven't been able to fit anytihing into my garage in years. I found out the thieves want my Harleys, and the weather doesn't like my Hotair Balloon or my boat so I'm looking at a new pole barn so all my toys will fit

Archived