lowered my ss need some help

turbogn87

I think you first need to check the hanger/shackle setup to make sure they're in the right configuration. The SS doesn't use the same holes as a standard silverado b/c the suspenion is already lower than normal.

Second thing to do is to get rid of the spare tire and if you've got the $$$ get a rollpan. That'll take 200lbs out of the back easily so it'll raise up a little bit.

I used the deluxe McGhaughy kit recently. I initially had tha shackle set up at the two inch drop and the hanger at the one inch drop. The front came down two inches with the offset spindles. The front had to come down even more though to even the stance out. I accomplished this by turning the torsion bolts 3 full turns counter-clockwise. I thought I was all done until I took it out on the highway a few days later. A bad vibration was felt at 65+miles an hour upon acceleration. It felt like a classic symptom of a worn out inner CV joint. I then knew the front was too low. I verified this by turning the torsion bolts back 3 full turns clockwise leaving the shackle/hanger combo alone. The vibration went away. The only solution for an even stance now was to set the hanger up at the one inch drop. I wanted to keep the factory bumper, tow hitch platform, and spare tire(even though the spare probably wont fit in the font ). Its perfect now. The front can only go down 2 inches period. Well, unless someone knows of some special CV axle. As far as the rear goes I had to go with a 2 inch drop. The ass end looks way too funky with front end higher. I hope this helps.

I used the deluxe McGhaughy kit recently. I initially had tha shackle set up at the two inch drop and the hanger at the one inch drop. The front came down two inches with the offset spindles. The front had to come down even more though to even the stance out. I accomplished this by turning the torsion bolts 3 full turns counter-clockwise. I thought I was all done until I took it out on the highway a few days later. A bad vibration was felt at 65+miles an hour upon acceleration. It felt like a classic symptom of a worn out inner CV joint. I then knew the front was too low. I verified this by turning the torsion bolts back 3 full turns clockwise leaving the shackle/hanger combo alone. The vibration went away. The only solution for an even stance now was to set the hanger up at the one inch drop. I wanted to keep the factory bumper, tow hitch platform, and spare tire(even though the spare probably wont fit in the font ). Its perfect now. The front can only go down 2 inches period. Well, unless someone knows of some special CV axle. As far as the rear goes I had to go with a 2 inch drop. The ass end looks way too funky with front end higher. I hope this helps.

OKAY GUYS, THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP, ONE LAST QUESTION AND I WILL GO AWAY, I LIVE IN CHARLOTTE, NC DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANYONE WHO CAN FIX MY RIDE PROBLEM. I DONT MIND PAYING AT ALL, IM JUST LOOKING FOR SOMEONE HONEST. IM NEVER GOING TO USE THE CLOWN I USED AGAIN. IM FINISHED WITH HIM

It doesn't sound to me like the guy did anything wrong. There are a few tricks to making this kit work really well for our trucks, this guy just was not aware of them. First thing is getting your factory bump stops cut down to leave you only two ribs all the way around. Second yank those brackets out of the back so you can mount the bump stop right to the frame. If you don't mind a little vibration at 50 to 55 then put the damn thing down in the weeds if you want. You are not going to tear up those half shafts, they are heavy duty. Also make sure that your upper ball joint is cut down far enough to clear your outer boot, otherwise you will wear a hole in the boot and destroy your shaft, been there did that :banghead: . I have my truck sitting 4" in the back and 3" in front. I also mini c-notched the frame and put in some nice senergy bumpstops, 2.5 degree pinion shims. This are all things that would help to know about the truck you are driving around in, I will never let anyone install anything on my truck, I like to know that I did the work and know how everything works. Just my 2cents

Archived