Shift Kit How-to

Do you want to see a how-to on the shift kit install?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see a how-to on the shift kit install?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To do it justice it would have to be pretty in-depth, doing the kit was not difficult but there are a couple potential 'gotchas'; there were a couple times that I wished I had a better picture to go by than the TransGo leaflet. Feel free to use the pics from my failed servo post if anyone cares to incorporate them into a how-to...

Mr. P. :)

I think it's a great idea, that way someone that has doubts about their mechanical ability to do the job could look at it and see if they are able to do it, before spending the money for the kit.

I think it's a great idea, that way someone that has doubts about their mechanical ability to do the job could look at it and see if they are able to do it, before spending the money for the kit.

Just my opinion but if someone has a doubt then I think they should just pay to have it installed.

:withstupid:

The instructions that came w/ the Superior kit were about as detailed as anything is going to get and I think having a HOW TO on here would just confuse the issue. If you are good at following instructions and don't mind getting dirty the install could be done by most people... if not pay to have it done and don't worry about it. :smash:

Just my opinion but if someone has a doubt then I think they should just pay to have it installed.

I would rather have the info available to me prior to spending the money. I may not be able to afford to have it done at the time, and had I known what was involved I would then possibly choose to wait to buy the kit until I was able to save up more money to have it installed. Some people (me included) have to save for a long time for their mods and can't afford to have several hundred dollars sitting in a box on the kitchen table waiting to be installed. In my opinion you can never have to much knowledge. :dunno:

I personally like having a how-to to refer to. Most include helpfull info that beginners can use to do a better install. I think the best part of modding my SS is doing it myself. I can pay to have the install done, but what's the fun in that? I'm gaining knowledge and experience by modding my SS plus having fun.

• 2 years later...
I personally like having a how-to to refer to. Most include helpfull info that beginners can use to do a better install. I think the best part of modding my SS is doing it myself. I can pay to have the install done, but what's the fun in that? I'm gaining knowledge and experience by modding my SS plus having fun.

i agree....if i pay for someone to do it....ill never learn how to do it......i like learning experiences esp. mechanical experiences because im a idiot when it comes to wrenching etc.

the way i look at it is the more info the better.....

Archived