Shift Kit How-to

Do you want to see a how-to on the shift kit install?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see a how-to on the shift kit install?

• Yes
    • No

I think it could benefit some of those people that like to do their own work but have limited knowledge on certain specifics...I think it would be a great idea but I also think that it would have to be fairly in depth to ensure that your getting the proccess across correctly....I say go for it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to see the how-to on the shift kit. I enjoy reading the how-to and I learn something from them.

Which shift kit? That is what people do not understand, there are a few valve body upgrades that all shift kits have in common but then again the Superior/TransGo/etc kits have differences too. So you cannot do just one how-to. And this is what fuels the heated debates between products as well. And then you've got Zippy and myself who have taken the products on the market and used them as starting points to develop fully robust shift strategy solutions.

Mr. P.

I personally like having a how-to to refer to. Most include helpfull info that beginners can use to do a better install. I think the best part of modding my SS is doing it myself. I can pay to have the install done, but what's the fun in that? I'm gaining knowledge and experience by modding my SS plus having fun.

:withstupid: Amen, brotha.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i've done allison and E40D shift kits... what does the 4l65 entail as far as it's shift kit... i can do an allison in an hour and a half without dropping the tranny but i've heard the 4l65's are a lot more difficult

Yeah I would also like to know what all is involved. I just got my truck about 2 weeks ago but I still would like to know if this is something I could do. I put my LS7 clutch in my 98 LS1 Camaro in about a hour and a half. That is pulled, installed and trans back in place and driving. I think i'm competent enough to do it but i've never been on the inside of a trans. A few of my buddies have rebuilt turbo 350s before. I could enlist them for some help I guess. Thanks. :confused:

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived